Has this ever happened to you?

zrock63

I picked up a cd about a year ago, looked liked a local band, but, saw the name of the group Broken Peace with a piece sign on the cover, I thought it was some 60's type hippie music. Last week I just finally put it in the cd player and surprize, great 8o's style hard rock, sorta of a mix of Junkyard meets Tyketto. Has anyone been fooled by the cover or name of a group ?

I think I was saying this recently, but when I picked up Trouble Tribe's debut I was expecting some crappy psychadelic rock CD (like an even worse version of Electric Boys or something). The nude woman is awesome, but the green twirls really put me off. Put it in the CD player and it was blistering Danger Danger-styled melodic hard rock. Very nice surprise.

Yeah when i first looked at the band shot for Tower City . Not thinking what it turned out to be !!

Even the cd cover gave no indication of the style of melodic rock i was in for !!

Glad i listen to it before i was about to put it back !:-)

Yeah when i first looked at the band shot for Tower City . Not thinking what it turned out to be !!

Even the cd cover gave no indication of the style of melodic rock i was in for !!

Good call there young Raymond!

Good call there young Raymond!

Yep, it is a good call. Valid for both albums too. Both sensational, both suffering from dreadful imagery.

This happened a few other times with me as well..

REFUGEE-BURNING FROM THE INSIDE OUT: Got it from BRADLEES dept store for .49 cents. It looked like a Country c.d..

DANNY WILDE-DANNY WILDE-Got it real cheap. It looked like it could rock and it does..

JEFFREY STEELE-HELL ON WHEELS: Got this for .99 cents in a used bin. It's still one of my most played c.d.'s (Hell! Mrs Junky likes it too).

The cover looks like a rocker, but it's a cross between Country/ Southern Rock..

I love finding gems like this. It makes collecting more worth while.. :tumbsup: