Hayao Miyazaki / Studio Ghibli

JamesEagle

Are there any other Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli fans on here? I love the few films I've seen and have been thinking about checking out a few more. The ones that really intrigue me are:

•  
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • Castle Of Cagliostro
  • The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Anyone seen these films and have any coments on them?

:popcorn:

I've read about this Miyazaki guy but know very little about him. Supposedly he's like Japan's answer to Walt Disney (in fact I think Disney has imported some of his films and released them in the US.)

A while ago we bought a cheapie DVD of "Puss In Boots" for the kids from the dollar store and found out it's apparently an early work by Miyazaki. He wasn't the director but he was one of the animators on it. It was made in the late '60s and played on American TV as "The Wonderful World of Puss In Boots." I thought that it was pretty awful actually, but the kids seem to dig it. :lol:

I have seen clips of the original Japanese version on YouTube since then and it looks a hell of a lot better there than on the poor quality, badly cropped/panned & scanned DVD we got.