Bombay Black - Love You To Death

heaven&hell

Forgive me if this thread is already out there but I couldn't find anything.

Usually there's a lot of talk about this band when they have something new out but I haven't read much yet. I've only spun it twice so far but I really like it. The first spin left me a little cold with me loving the first half of the disc with the second half being just okay but with the second spin it all came together. "Let the Right One In", "Reign Over Me", "Shackles and Chains", "Demons Down"(heard that one at DRF last year), "Love You to Death" and "Give Yourself to Me" are my favs so far with "Demons Down" being my fav. I do really like "Black Widow" to but it threw me off at first as it starts with a techno type beat and then a little ways in kicks in, a very different tune for BB but still cool. Overall I don't like this disc as much as the last two releases but am still digging it. My only let down, and it's a minor one, is that the artwork is not near as strong as the last two IMO.

LYTDCover.jpg

1. Reign Over Me

2. The Angel and the Devil

3. Love You To Death

4. Demons Down

5. Let the Right One In

6. Black Widow

7. Smother

8. Give Yourself To Me

9. Shackles and Chains

10. Down On the Floor

11. Mojo

Yeah, heard this a few times now and I hate to say it, but they lost me on the last CD and all this CD does is push me further away. There were 2 harder rocking songs on here that I thought were kind of cool (can't remember the names off the top of my head) but the rest I was just bored with. I think what gets me is the lack of variety both musically and lyrically. I just find that on both this and the last CD there is just no difference between most songs. They just sound all the same to me. :(

Anyway, sorry to be harsh - I'm sure these guys still have plenty of fans out there so I hope they dig it.

Yeah, heard this a few times now and I hate to say it, but they lost me on the last CD and all this CD does is push me further away. There were 2 harder rocking songs on here that I thought were kind of cool (can't remember the names off the top of my head) but the rest I was just bored with. I think what gets me is the lack of variety both musically and lyrically. I just find that on both this and the last CD there is just no difference between most songs. They just sound all the same to me. :(

Anyway, sorry to be harsh - I'm sure these guys still have plenty of fans out there so I hope they dig it.

I think I've seen where you said before that you didn't like "Psycho Magnet" and there were some others that seemed to be let down by that one to. That one is actually my fav of theirs but I still haven't heard "Mercy" but plan on picking it up at their show this summer if they have it. I really like "Anger Management" too but prefer PM for some reason.

I think I've seen where you said before that you didn't like "Psycho Magnet" and there were some others that seemed to be let down by that one to. That one is actually my fav of theirs but I still haven't heard "Mercy" but plan on picking it up at their show this summer if they have it. I really like "Anger Management" too but prefer PM for some reason.

If you like the other stuff, 'Mercy' should blow you away as it is, imo, BY FAR their best CD.

I really liked Mercy while Psycho Magnet just didn't do it for me. I have yet to pick up Anger Management and this thread reminded me to do that. I'll have to see what everyone else says about Love You To Death.

I really liked Mercy while Psycho Magnet just didn't do it for me. I have yet to pick up Anger Management and this thread reminded me to do that. I'll have to see what everyone else says about Love You To Death.

Jeff do yourself a favor and come see them live at DRF this year.

Yeah, I like 'Anger Management' too. Both the first 2 discs were good.

Coming to DRF is looking like a game time decision. The last few weeks have been brutal on the bank account...$570 to replace leaking sections of pipe in the well, $170 to replace snapped spring on the garage door, $180 to have Orkin come out and eliminate black winged ants (turned out they were not carpenter ants thankfully) that had started to move in the corner of the house.

Coming to DRF is looking like a game time decision. The last few weeks have been brutal on the bank account...$570 to replace leaking sections of pipe in the well, $170 to replace snapped spring on the garage door, $180 to have Orkin come out and eliminate black winged ants (turned out they were not carpenter ants thankfully) that had started to move in the corner of the house.

Oh shit sorry to hear about your troubles but I sure hope you can find a way to make it. The more HHers there the better. I know we have myself, Pete, Rick, Chad and hopefully Dave/LV Kix will be there as well.

Besides my wife had a heart attack and almost died in March and she's gonna be there(I'm doing my best to make you feel guilty :lol: ) so hopefully you can find a way to make it. :drink:

Oh shit sorry to hear about your troubles but I sure hope you can find a way to make it. The more HHers there the better. I know we have myself, Pete, Rick, Chad and hopefully Dave/LV Kix will be there as well.

Besides my wife had a heart attack and almost died in March and she's gonna be there(I'm doing my best to make you feel guilty :lol: ) so hopefully you can find a way to make it. :drink:

Oh wow Wes, I had no idea your wife had a heart attack. Kudo's to her for being strong and making it through that! Here's to her full recovery and maybe I will get down to meet her in July!

Yeah, I didn't know it either, cousin, but I'm glad to hear she's okay and ready to party again. Look after her, mate. :)

Yeah, I didn't know it either, cousin, but I'm glad to hear she's okay and ready to party again. Look after her, mate. :)

Not really the right thread for this bit of news but yeah it happend and was a huge scare to say the least.

There's I guess a few people(Rick, Chad, Pete, Terry and maybe a few others) around here that knew about it but overall I was trying to keep it off the board but I couldn't resist the urge to try to make Jeff feel guilty. :lol:

She is getting better but it was a crazy thing to happen to someone so young.