Kal Swan favourites? (Lion, Tytan, Bad Moon Rising)

Marks out of ten for each (or don't know)  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're not a Kal Swan fan, probably time to look away! For me, he is a great and highly original singer with a tragically small discography. Just wondering what other Kal fans make of the albums he has done? These are the ones I know of with him on lead vocals, I haven't heard them all and I'm sure others will be in the same boat, hence the "don't know" option.

I don't rate 'Dangerous Attraction' very highly, but love 'Trouble in Angel City' and 'Rough Justice'. 'Blood' was okay. That's it from me, fingers crossed Mr Swan pops up with new output in the near future.

I like everything he's done but Tytan is my least fav.

The BMR debut was pure Lion and I think it might of been meant to be the 3rd Lion release.

'Blood' is excellent as they added some more ingredients such as some Zeppelin infulence in and the last BMR was my intro to the band so it holds a special place for me. I know most fans felt like 'Opium for the Masses' was a let down and they added some Grungy sounds in but I still love it. Both Lion discs are Hard Rock perfection to these ears as is the 'Powerlove' EP. Kal is a great vocalist and is missed in the scene as far as I'm concerned.

I like everything he's done but Tytan is my least fav.

The BMR debut was pure Lion and I think it might of been meant to be the 3rd Lion release.

'Blood' is excellent as they added some more ingredients such as some Zeppelin infulence in and the last BMR was my intro to the band so it holds a special place for me. I know most fans felt like 'Opium for the Masses' was a let down and they added some Grungy sounds in but I still love it. Both Lion discs are Hard Rock perfection to these ears as is the 'Powerlove' EP. Kal is a great vocalist and is missed in the scene as far as I'm concerned.

Whoa! Surprised about Tytan; I think it is a huge and fantastic album! A bit heavier than Lion, it's definitely a metal album, but some great tunes. 'Don't Play Their Way' is metal genius, 'Sadman', 'Far Side Of Destiny' are also great, just to name a few.

We can agree on one thing though - come back Kal!

I have never heard Ttain, so couldn't vote there. Of the rest, I voted like this:

Lion - Dangerous Attraction

8/10 ; great disc... would probably rank around mid 80's out of 100.

Lion - Trouble In Angel City

8/10 ; great disc... would probably rank around low 80's out of 100.

Bad Moon Rising - Bad Moon Rising

8/10 ; great disc... would probably rank around low 80's out of 100, similar mark to 'Dangerous Attraction'.

Bad Moon Rising - Blood

7/10 ; pretty decent disc, but not as many great tunes.

Bad Moon Rising - Opium For The Masses

6/10 ; but would probably rank about 56/100... not really a fan at all.

• 1 month later...

Lion - Dangerous Attraction 8/10

Lion - Trouble In Angel City 10/10

BMR - S/T 8/10

BMR - Blood 6/10

What a relief (for my sanity) that someone actually agrees with one of my opinions. I think Angel City is a lot better than Attraction, it's an incredible album with some of my favourite rock songs of all time. Hope this doesn't reflect badly on All Nights Reserved! ;)

Found this on WikiAnswers, which was quite interesting. Apologies if it has been posted on this site before:

"Dunno what he's up to now, but what I can tell you is that Kal's real name is Norman - Norm to his mates - and whilst at Nuneaton Tech. doing A level Art circa '79/'80 he was buddies with my mates Grog and Kletz. What I find interesting is that no web site featuring Kal ( which was spelled "Kkal" at one time, if I remember rightly ) points out that he was, albeit briefly, a member of Black Sabbath. I imagine he's moved back home to Tamworth, or, if he's got any sense at all, he's moved as far away from it as possible."

Incidentally, I can't find anything at all on what Kal is up to these days, or whether he plans to get back into rock music. Gutted.

Lion - Dangerous Attraction 8/10

Lion - Trouble In Angel City 10/10

BMR - S/T 8/10

BMR - Blood 6/10

What a relief (for my sanity) that someone actually agrees with one of my opinions. I think Angel City is a lot better than Attraction, it's an incredible album with some of my favourite rock songs of all time. Hope this doesn't reflect badly on All Nights Reserved! ;)

No probs. :D