D-Will

Leykis101

Deron Williams is absolutely the most exciting player ive ever watched in my life, the ball is almost an extension of him! ive never watched anyone who could so smoothly manuever a basketball anywhere within arms length and not loose control of it, nobody can hold a candle to him as far as shear dribbling, he has eyes in the back of his head, and anybody who thinks Chris Paul is even remotely close to him is a fucking idiot! he's unbelievable! im glad he's on my team!

Too bad he and the Jazz play in the same division as Melo, Chauncey, Birdman, Kenyon and Nene. Basically, the way I see it, the Jazz are just in a 3 way battle for second place in the division w/OKC and Portland. Not to stoke the fires anymore than necessary, but I'd take Chauncey Billups over D.Williams anytime, anywhere......Let the best team win and go Nugggggz!!!

P.S.- Just messin', Williams is an excellent player and court general.....and the Nuggets actually can't seem to shake Utah. It's gonna come down to the last week of the season IMO, in which case I still favor Denver but Utah will continue to be tough. They're (the Jazz) mentally tougher this year IMO and healthier, which always helps. And, given that Nuggets coach George Karl will miss some games for cancer treatments just makes the final quarter of the season that much more interesting. We'll see if Denver's assistant coaches, led by former Jazz great and hall of famer Adrian Dantley, are up to the task. Damn was Dantley a one man scoring machine back in the day......One final comment--> GAWD those green uniforms the Jazz break out every now and then are FUGLY. But, they did beat Phoenix last night wearing them, so maybe they bring good luck.....Later, Jeff.

Hey Billups is hard motherfucker, and for a long time(since Detroit)have hailed him as the most solid PG in the NBA, Dude, he's old, and not getting any younger, Im not even going to go there in an argument about the better team is ?? obviously they have the best pure scorer in the NBA in Melo! I dont think he's going to break any defensive records, but the Nuggets and the Suns are the teams I root for when the Jazz get knocked off in the playoffs! but dude D-Will is by far more exciting to watch play, Denvers got a bad ass team, and im not even going to say Utah's better then Denver, because I don't believe they are! but I also don't believe they are worse either, both teams have just not been this good, long enough for me to start any arguments either way, the could both just lay an egg and bomb! Melo could have a season ending injury, Boozer could chip a nail, anything could happen, i'll start talking shit accordingly, when the play offs are set, and I see who's playing who!!!

Hey Billups is hard motherfucker, and for a long time(since Detroit)have hailed him as the most solid PG in the NBA, Dude, he's old, and not getting any younger, Im not even going to go there in an argument about the better team is ?? obviously they have the best pure scorer in the NBA in Melo! I dont think he's going to break any defensive records, but the Nuggets and the Suns are the teams I root for when the Jazz get knocked off in the playoffs! but dude D-Will is by far more exciting to watch play, Denvers got a bad ass team, and im not even going to say Utah's better then Denver, because I don't believe they are! but I also don't believe they are worse either, both teams have just not been this good, long enough for me to start any arguments either way, the could both just lay an egg and bomb! Melo could have a season ending injury, Boozer could chip a nail, anything could happen, i'll start talking shit accordingly, when the play offs are set, and I see who's playing who!!!

I agree that it'd be hard to find a higher energy player in the league than Darren Williams. He creates absolute chaos for a defense with his drives, dishes to the perimeter, and everything else that dude does incl. steals and defense. His game is all about pressure on both ends. Billups brings as much mental savvy and leadership to Denver as anything else IMO, and he hits the big shot alot of the time when needed. Melo is a great scorer, but goes to sleep on defense sometimes and has some nagging elbow/ankle injuries. Kenyon Martin was re-injured tonight, might miss some more time, and Birdman's back has taken him out of the line-up more than once this year. Those two dudes MUST be healthy for Denver down the stretch and in the line-up or the Nuggs simply won't match up inside against the likes of Dallas, Utah, and L.A.. Bottom line is Utah's been winning at similar % to Denver over last couple of months, keeping the pressure on and I don't think Denver's margin for error is going to get any bigger either b/c Utah ain't fading in the second half of the season (not as confident about OKC or Portland). Now, can either team take the Lakers in the playoffs (assuming road to championship again goes thru LA and Denver or Utah can get by PHX, Dallas, SA and any darkhorses like NO, Houston, OKC)? Tough to say......But this much is true, Denver will remain just a "very good team w/championship potential" until they take the next step and get to the Finals. And the window of opportunity is narrowing due to age of some key players and their coach's health. Utah's a little younger and, I think, has less pressure on them than Denver since no one expected the Jazz to be title contenders this year (for the most apart). You know Sloan would love one more shot at the Finals, especially since his teams in the post-Malone/Stockton era have been as much about chemistry, systems and teamwork rather than 1-2 superstars- though Williams is an elite player by anyone's standards who follows the game and Boozer has had his moments (Malone he is not). The remaining Denver vs. Utah games will be huge and anything can happen....Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I will come out and say this, it's very hard for me to be a fan of Utah and Denver, because obviously I live in Utah, it's like I see all these Laker fans that talk shit, (I tell people the Lakers are my favorite team, as well as the Colts and the Yankees he he)but I say this, I will never live in a city with a sports team, and not root for that team, my heart will obviously only hold one favorite team, and since Tampa doesnt have a b-ball team, I will root for the Utah Jazz, I like underdogs, and I wish they would do a few things with the talent they have on the roster that I believe would make them at least able to play with the Lakers! if your aware we have a 20year old 7'2 350lb Ukranian, named Fesenko, he's not just a big slow goofy fucker either, he's extremely strong, and highly athletic, and would toss Bynum around by the nuts, Sloan doesnt use him hardly ever, and compared to what he played like his first year, he's going to be a force, I believe thats why we cannot match up against the Fakers, it's not athleticism, it's size, Boozer, and Milsap get tossed around by Odom, and Gasol, Okur doesnt jump, I hated trading Ronnie Brewer, but this Wes Mathews guy has exploded, he's unbelievable, all I can say is im glad the Nuggets got rid of that fucking white dude that sat in the corner and ran up 3ptrs all game, he'd kill the Jazz, I really was hoping wed make a bid on Bird Man last offseason, other then Kierilinko we dont have a shot blocker, thats what we need! Chauncy Billups is to denver, what Derek Fisher was to the Jazz that year they made the run to the western conference finals, he's a leader, a teacher, a disciplinar, I believe if the Jazz had a leader, they would explode, best move Nuggets mad dumping AI!