The opening band that surprised you...

John Drake

Also local death band RIPPING CORPSE going toe to toe with headliner MORBID ANGEL.

I saw Ripping Corpse open for Morbid Angel too, Dom... were you @ the China Club in Hillsdale by any chance? That's where I saw 'em... R.C. was pretty bad ass, they were like a hardcore band trapped in a death metal band's body. My brother and I chatted with their vocalist (Scott Ruth) before the show and he was one funny son of a bitch too!

Hey is that the concert you told Me about, where some chick did a stage dive off the amplifiers or something and NO ONE caught her?? Pretty brutal..... :yikes:

Also local death band RIPPING CORPSE going toe to toe with headliner MORBID ANGEL.

I saw Ripping Corpse open for Morbid Angel too, Dom... were you @ the China Club in Hillsdale by any chance? That's where I saw 'em... R.C. was pretty bad ass, they were like a hardcore band trapped in a death metal band's body. My brother and I chatted with their vocalist (Scott Ruth) before the show and he was one funny son of a bitch too!

It was at CLUB BENE

Scott is an awesome dude. He used to be in a band called THE BEAST, but went under the name SCOTT RUTHLESS. I always thought of them as a THRASH band (they did get their name from a KREATOR song)

Funny thing happened at this show. During their set, a guy and his girlfriend decide to stage dive together holding hands. He fell and she hit her head on one of the tables.

They be fun times..