Battalion - Runaway (1994)

Guest Roy

Apparently, they're another one of those Queensryche clone bands and, from what I can tell, have only released this one LP and one demo tape. Oh, and they're a Christian band supposedly as well. I'm always up for Queensryche soundalikes, but so far, I haven't been able to find a single note of theirs online. And believe me, I've searched high and low to no avail. Not too crazy on making blind purchases, so...uh, perhaps someone here would be kind enough to hook me up with some clips, maybe? Thanks.

Many thanks to Nebuchadnezzar. Well, now that I've listened to this thing a couple times through... it's good stuff. Like many Tate clones, the vocalist does a good job mimicking Tate's mid-range, but falls short at hitting some of the really high notes with conviction, and for the most part avoids singing in lower registers. In fact, he's a lot like the guy from Recon, though slightly more controlled/less erratic sounding. The music is good, mostly mid-paced stuff, borderline AOR-ish, with a couple a couple of ballads. The production is what you expect from an obscure mid-90s melodic metal band. Standout tracks: Don't Wait, Eyes of Love, I Give You My Life.

@Ken: Yeah, I have that EP. As far as Q-clones go, those guys are among the very best. Now with Battalion, I think I've heard just about every Queensryche clone out there. Here's how I rate them:

The Best:

Lethal

New Religion

Siam

Sacred Warrior

The Good:

Recon

Battalion

Omega Point

The So-So:

Apocalypse

The meh:

Dead Calm

Oracle

Scarlet Rayne

If your looking for Queensryche clones then look no futher. This disc smokes. Fits right in between the EP & The Warning. You could say this is side 2 of the EP. It's that good. Read about it at metal-treasures.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Religion-s-t-rare-...=item4ceda654bd

This should fetch a pretty penny.

Not really, I mean a French guy had the title for sale many times before. But of course it's great.

Many thanks to Nebuchadnezzar. Well, now that I've listened to this thing a couple times through... it's good stuff. Like many Tate clones, the vocalist does a good job mimicking Tate's mid-range, but falls short at hitting some of the really high notes with conviction, and for the most part avoids singing in lower registers. In fact, he's a lot like the guy from Recon, though slightly more controlled/less erratic sounding. The music is good, mostly mid-paced stuff, borderline AOR-ish, with a couple a couple of ballads. The production is what you expect from an obscure mid-90s melodic metal band. Standout tracks: Don't Wait, Eyes of Love, I Give You My Life.

@Ken: Yeah, I have that EP. As far as Q-clones go, those guys are among the very best. Now with Battalion, I think I've heard just about every Queensryche clone out there. Here's how I rate them:

The Best:

Lethal

New Religion

Siam

Sacred Warrior

The Good:

Recon

Battalion

Omega Point

The So-So:

Apocalypse

The meh:

Dead Calm

Oracle

Scarlet Rayne

Hey man, ARE YOU A GOD??? Tony Mills R U L E S !!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

I don't think Lethal was closer to QR than New Religion. You should also check Majesty (NY), Conditioned Response (MN), Born Of Fire (AZ) & En Force (MD). Especially the last band was like 'ryche & the closest band along with New Religion imho...

Hey man, ARE YOU A GOD??? Tony Mills R U L E S !!!! :headbanger: :headbanger:

:headbanger:

I don't think Lethal was closer to QR than New Religion.

Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to list those bands in any particular order, other than categorize them in terms of quality of music.

You should also check Majesty (NY), Conditioned Response (MN), Born Of Fire (AZ) & En Force (MD). Especially the last band was like 'ryche & the closest band along with New Religion imho...

Majesty, you mean, Dream Theater with Chris Collins on vocals?

Conditioned Response kick ass, though personally I'd lump them with bands like Edwin Dare & Kidd Robin. They bear some resemblance to Queensryche (mainly in vocals), but not outright clones. I'll look around for Born of Fire and En Force, thanks.

Yeah actually I always give base to vocals first, so I think Conditioned Response (& the other 2 bands you mentioned) reminds you QR easily. Not the band from Long Island, I meant the band from Pomona, NY (only 1 album "open your eyes" in 1996)

Holy hell! Almost to forgot! Check also the band First Strike from New Mexico. 1 masterpiece from 1995... :guitbannana:

Tell us how you really feel.

ha, i agree mostly with you. although i find more mediocre bands than the ones you've already listed(omega point, battalion and of course the festival of boredom, first strike). oracle is excluded of course.

q'ryche, for me, are responsible for the demise of the once great US metal in late 80's early 90's. no problemo with that of course.

Roy,

don't give much base on sharatan's words. He just make posts to increase his posts.

back to your t-mag shithole.....1861

Go fuck yourself prick, wasn't you that you were begging for First Strike? Double-faced idiot? The subject is ryche bands, if you want to participate go fuckin' post similar bands, if you don't like ryche keep your opinion for yourself we don't need your spam posts or go fuck open another thread telling that you don't like QR.

Roy,

don't give much base on sharatan's words. He just make posts to increase his posts.

Go fuck yourself prick, wasn't you that you were begging for First Strike? Double-faced idiot? The subject is ryche bands, if you want to participate go fuckin' post similar bands, if you don't like ryche keep your opinion for yourself we don't need your spam posts or go fuck open another thread telling that you don't like QR.

beg for f.strike? i sold their fucking boring cd....if i recall exactly. and i didn't bid on ebay , because you were already bidding on it just to find another fool to sell it. now go back to your t-mag shithole and your illegal d/loading activities, keyboard warrior. keep your foul language for that shithole.perhaps then you'll find the adramelch demo(which of course is "mediocre" towards "masterpieces" like f.strike,hehehe....)

Roy,

beg for f.strike? i sold their fucking boring cd....if i recall exactly. and i didn't bid on ebay , because you were already bidding on it just to find another fool to sell it. now go back to your t-mag shithole and your illegal d/loading activities, keyboard warrior. keep your foul language for that shithole.perhaps then you'll find the adramelch demo(which of course is "mediocre" towards "masterpieces" like f.strike,hehehe....)

Yep beg for F. Strike double-faced idiot. You didn't bid because you are a usual liar (do you really bid for "fucking boring" cds, really why??? :bananamac: ) & I won it because I gave you a "fucking boring" copy piece of shit. Adramelch is a great band, mediocre is just your mind, stop breaking our balls & listen to your "master-crap" aouga-uga German teutonic metal.

Roy,

Yep beg for F. Strike double-faced idiot. You didn't bid because you are a usual liar (do you really bid for "fucking boring" cds, really why??? :bananamac: ) & I won it because I gave you a "fucking boring" copy piece of shit. Adramelch is a great band, mediocre is just your mind, stop breaking our balls & listen to your "master-crap" aouga-uga German teutonic metal.

back to your tmag shithole.....see you in corosseum....keep your lies for your buddies, like dan lauzon etc etc etc....now go and give donations to your russian buddies in tmag shithole and leave real manly metal alone....

hopefully i'll see you next year in UTH or KIT if your have a fekking life outside tmag shithole, google, disk heaven etc etc etc.....

thanx also for the "aouga-uga" sound....something that comes naturally from you, being the usual ape....

Roy,

Don't give much base on sharatan's words. He just make posts to increase his posts.

beg for f.strike? i sold their fucking boring cd...if i recall exactly. and i didn't bid on ebay, because you were already bidding on it just to find another fool to sell it. now go back to your t-mag shithole and your illegal d/loading activities, keyboard warrior. keep your foul language for that shithole. perhaps then you'll find the adramelch demo(which of course is "mediocre" towards "masterpieces" like f.strike,hehehe...)

Yep beg for F. Strike double-faced idiot. You didn't bid because you are a usual liar (do you really bid for "fucking boring" cds, really why???) & I won it because I gave you a "fucking boring" copy piece of shit. Adramelch is a great band, mediocre is just your mind, stop breaking our balls & listen to your "master-crap" aouga-uga German teutonic metal.

back to your tmag shithole...see you in corosseum...keep your lies for your buddies, like dan lauzon etc etc etc...now go and give donations to your russian buddies in tmag shithole and leave real manly metal alone.

hopefully i'll see you next year in UTH or KIT if your have a fekking life outside tmag shithole, google, disk heaven etc etc etc...

thanx also for the "aouga-uga" sound....something that comes naturally from you, being the usual ape...

Am I the only one not quite sure what the heck is going on in this thread but is nevertheless highly entertained? :popcorn:

Roy,

back to your tmag shithole.....see you in corosseum....keep your lies for your buddies, like dan lauzon etc etc etc....now go and give donations to your russian buddies in tmag shithole and leave real manly metal alone....

hopefully i'll see you next year in UTH or KIT if your have a fekking life outside tmag shithole, google, disk heaven etc etc etc.....

thanx also for the "aouga-uga" sound....something that comes naturally from you, being the usual ape....

mpla mpla from the usual liar with 2 tongues. Mr. 1 rip-off of the bands & ballbreaker of the world. Who is the ape is obvious keep listening to the usual crappy stuff.

Wow! was that a threat? Are you waiting to attack me? In English or in Greek language? :tumbsup: Now I'm sure 100%! You HAVE a real life!!

/end of story