Strike Twice - Will there be a second release through Eonian?

Geoff

Hey guys, got the Strike Twice CD today and I am loving it. Probably my fave so far on the Eonian label.

Just curious, though. I have a 13 track demo CD from these guys and the 1990 songs appear to be covered... except a killer song called 'Good times' which was actually my fave of the demos. :lol: Also, I have 6 tracks from a 1987 demo - songs like 'Toys', Talk, Talk' etc. These songs are awesome - they sound like a ballsier version of what Poison might have recorded after 'LWTCTI' if they stayed on that glam route.

I was just wondering if these songs will ever be available for release? The sound quality on all the demos I have is average at best and I was delighted with the sound quality of the Eonian release. Would love to see the rest of the songs released one day too. Any chance of it happening?

Oh, and are there more songs from the 1991 sessions? 'D.F.W.M.' is so awesome.

Wow didn't know there were more songs. I sure hope they release more since this one is great.

Probably in my top 3 of Eonian releases so far just behind SGT. Roxx and Dr. Grind and of course Shake City is up there as well.

Yeah, they used to be more of a glam band than anything. On the photo I have with the demos the band is all made-up. I believe that all the songs on the s/t disc on Eonian are from a period when, like most 80's glam bands, they lost the lipstick and got a little more serious. Which songs are better is a matter of opinion, but I think any fan of 80's hard rock would be hard pressed to not enjoy their earlier glam songs. It's not bubblegum pop glam, but good hard rocking commercial glam. Love those songs.

Also, Mark's liner notes on the CD say they split in 1993, right? So I'm hoping they may have more songs like 'D.F.W.M' recorded from 1991 onwards? :) Here's hoping. I really love this band and truly believe if they'd snagged a label back in 1987 we'd have been treated to some awesome releases from 1987 - 1993.

Yes. STRIKE TWICE had some very good 80's songs also. Although they had a few different members for those sessions.

Are you able to say if they'll ever be released? Or due to the various other members in the band is it a stretch?

Yes. STRIKE TWICE had some very good 80's songs also. Although they had a few different members for those sessions.

Are you able to say if they'll ever be released? Or due to the various other members in the band is it a stretch?

A previous member of the band co-owns the rights to those earlier songs... but I would not count it out. :D

A previous member of the band co-owns the rights to those earlier songs... but I would not count it out. :D

Cool. Good luck! It'd be awesome to get them out to the masses.

Do you know if 'Good times' is an 80's track? I thought it was from the same sessions as the 1990 demo?

Can not remember which session 'Good Times' came from, off the top of my head, but know that there are multiple recordings of that song, the last having a more current sound.

Good song that is.

Sorry to be annoying with the questions, but any reason that song didn't make this CD? I'm guessing the same ex-band member owns the rights?

As I said above, probably my fave song from these guys.