Meanstreak "Road Kill" Mercenary CD?

Guest Spyder

I am new to this forum. I have a question about the band Meanstreak. I recently picked up the CD "Road Kill" on Mercenary. I cannot find any info on the CD but can find info on the UK version. Does any know if this is a bootleg or is it rare enough that I cannot find any info? It is an awesome CD by a fantastic girl thrash metal band.

I am new to this forum. I have a question about the band Meanstreak. I recently picked up the CD "Road Kill" on Mercenary. I cannot find any info on the CD but can find info on the UK version. Does any know if this is a bootleg or is it rare enough that I cannot find any info? It is an awesome CD by a fantastic girl thrash metal band.

not a bootleg, i have the same version..great cd..a little info on the members..3 of the members are married to 3 members of dream theater

Mercenary was Meanstreak's U.S. label if memory serves. The album was distributed by Music For Nations in Europe.

Great album... kinda like Metal Church with PMS :lol:

You got the proper version. Bootleg version was on Time Warp Records and other CD-R copies from the vinyl exist and are sold also.

There is a UK remastered version but not sure how legit that one is. Can't remember the company it was on.

Very strange. A reissued version on CD not having barcodes. Who would they be selling that version to?... is the question. Can not see issuing a CD without a barcode other than a version being a band self-release (which it is not according to the CD company names on the disc), sort of promo, fan club issue, by mail only CD, or a dreaded 'Bootleg'.

Also something very odd about the the disc artwork is the mis-alignment of the black on certain parts of the disc. The Mercenary logo (if Black) is aligned properly with the other colour yet the info and circle 'Celluloid info' is crazy offlined. Very bad printing.

Yes. American Helix was a CD manufacturing company in the past. Those are work order numbers on the matrix.

It is possible a barcode could have been a sticker on the sealing plastic (if sealed) or on the original case as a sticker...which would then only have a series of numbers listed on the tray or inside the artwork (Barcodes for CDs are usually 12 or 13 numbers long).

But still the printing on that disc is oddly bad. Which could just mean a bad print job.

Another Mercenary Records release from 1987: VICTORY 'Don't Get Mad-Get Even'

It is now obvious the disc artwork template Mercenary (or whatever company is getting these pressed) uses is misaligned to start with as this disc is manufactured by another company but yet shows bad text alignment in areas as MEANSTREAK.

Also, the 'O' is 'Celluloid' is printed better and is more clear.

big.jpg

The Back Tray for VICTORY has no barcode also and what looks to be like a misspelling on the bottom company info: 'Distributed' looks to be misspelled.

big.jpg

So overall just bad designing/printing on both packages.

But, still makes you wonder why in the late 80's a company would not be using barcodes on CDs.