Loudness Question

Leykis101

Back when Augio Galaxy was around I downloaded a Loudness song, it was Long Distance, only it was sung in Japanese! anybody know what album this was origninally released on?

I don't know what this means - 'Music video. Music from the album "Jealousy" - 1988' but the English version of this song was the highlight of 1991's 'On the prowl' CD with Michael Verscera.

Geoff, once again, we agree without a doubt, it was absolutely the standout song from On The Prowl!

and yep, that's the song, so it's off of Jelousy, and it's called Long Distance Love! isnt On The Prowl all old Loudness songs re-recorded in English?

Wow, I didn't even know about this disc - http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...CDName=Jealousy - but it looks like it's still in English, just before Verscera joined the band. I don't think all those songs were re-recorded but that must have been their fave... or the most shamelessly commercial one that they thought would bring the dollars in. :)

JEALOUSY was a Japan-only E.P. that Loudness released in '88, it was the last material Minoru Niihara recorded with them before he split (and was replaced by Vescera).

The ON THE PROWL and SOLDIER OF FORTUNE discs w/Vescera do feature quite a few tracks from their early Japanese-language albums, translated into English, as those early albums were only available as imports in America and therefore not many record buyers were familiar with the songs. Actually, now that I think about it they were already cannibalizing early works while Niihara was still in the band -- the ballad "So Lonely" (on '87's HURRICANE EYES) is a reworking of the song "Ares' Lament" from their DISILLUSION album.

Wow, I didn't even know about this disc - http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...CDName=Jealousy - but it looks like it's still in English, just before Verscera joined the band. I don't think all those songs were re-recorded but that must have been their fave... or the most shamelessly commercial one that they thought would bring the dollars in. :)

Geoff, it's without a doubt in japanese, i dont know about the whole album, but Long Distance is sung in japanese, when I listen to it, it sounds the same, but with Vescera that get a lot better production, and a english speaking spin on it, I enjoy the japanese version just the same, though I dont understand 1 word of what he's singing, it's a unique twist to a song I already loved!