new Overland!

swriter

any word on this yet? is it out? when? oh Wotty!!! help, I know u got it already!!! how is it compared to the last release?? thanks

Jez put some words down in the 'First spins' thread the other day. Based on the poor debut and a less-than-glowing review from Jez on this one, who I know is a huge fan, I'm very hesitant to even bother this time round.

I got it a couple of weeks back and was a little bit underwhelmed with it to be honest. Overland always sounds fantastic, but what is the point if the material ain't up to much. There are some good tracks on it, but not enough for my liking. Bring on the new FM album in February

I got it a couple of weeks back and was a little bit underwhelmed with it to be honest. Overland always sounds fantastic, but what is the point if the material ain't up to much. There are some good tracks on it, but not enough for my liking. Bring on the new FM album in February

Love Steve, but the last few ;eft me a bit cold, great voice and production but agreed Jez, I guess the songs just did not stand out to me!

as much as I adore FM, if "wildside' is a fair indication of whats to come then the new FM may not be a patch on their AOR classics of yesteryear.

I suppose time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it happened that I gave this a go. I have to admit I have some mixed thoughts on this one. For me, it's definitely better than 'Break away'. Easily. If you ask me, 'Train Train' is actually a surprisingly good opener and I was actually a little excited. One of the better tracks I've heard from him since 'Aphrodesiac'. I like the style of the drums on the album, and also some shredding guitarwork. Unfortunately the next 4 tracks all fall into familiar unspectacular territory. A glimpse here and there, but generally average. And then it happens - 'City Of Dreams' is the best thing Steve has recorded in years! What a great song. And surprisingly followed by another good song, 'I'm Still Breathing'. Even 'Rise' and 'Hearts Don't Lie' are pretty decent too. Throw in 'Bring me water' which I also liked and you actually have half an album's worth of decent material.

I know, nothing to get to excited about, but it was better than I expected. I got nothing out of 'Break away' and if you ask me this is about the 2nd best album he's made since 'Aphrodesiac' behind The Ladder's 'Sacred' CD. Not really the highest compliment considering that body of work, but it's not awful.