Shooting For Thrills - 'For all our sins' EP

Geoff

Just stumbled upon this one this evening... pretty damn good stuff. Young band from the UK... they have a pretty cool hard rocking sound. A couple of fillers, even on a 6 track EP, but they're not too shabby. Just weaker than the better songs. Try out 'Forgive and forget':

http://www.myspace.com/shootingforthrills

And don't be put off by the pic (even if the dude on the left is representing), these guys are full blown guiter based melodic hard rock... not modern rock as their image could suggest.

SFT.jpg

Unique sounding band, Geoff. First thing I noticed.....they didn't have a sound that seemed to be copying any other particular band. I did notice that fuzz toned guitar in a couple of tracks that gave them a bit of a modern sound that I wasn't too fond of.....but, the other tracks were very very good......melodic, yet with an edge and the singer's voice was different as well. I actually liked it.

I went directly to THE BAND'S WEBSITE from the link you provided where you could listen to all the tracks and even order the CD from there.

Thanks for the link there mate!!

Cheers,

Delbert