Den of Thieves - 'Honour Amongst Thieves'

Geoff

Another random band I can't see a thread of previously.

What do people think of them?

Me? If you insist. They seem to have the right idea but it just isn't pulled off so well. Stuff like 'Falling out of love' and 'Never look back' is really pretty good. The production is a typical solid Long Island Records production (man they all sound similar!) but my main problem with the disc is there's just too much. Too many songs (15) and to top it off, most the songs hit the five minute mark or even beyond six minutes on several occasions. For me, the album is just waaaay too long. Not bad, but cut five songs and about a minute off the remaining best 10 songs and you have something good on your hands.

It's ok - I picked it up in a bargain bin about 6 mnths to a year ago - typical sound for it's day, nothing to get mega excited about but reasonable. I think I covered it in my world renowned review <_< on the HH review pages .

There's a couple of really good songs but eventually it all becomes a little the samey.

I noticed at the main page that they have released another album called Conspiracy, and although I'd like to hear it I'm not gonna go searching high and low for it.