Mike Onesko

Dave

As you might have already discovered, the work of Mike Onesko and his Blindside Blues Band along with the Bogert Ceo Project "Big Electric Cream Jam" has had a massive influence on me as of late.

These three albums in particular are nothing short of brilliant and all three are different in style, but all of them are "MUST HAVE CD's" IMO

BBB-SmokehouseCover252.jpg

This album is a must for anyone that likes heavy blues....

From the first track to the last there is not a filler in sight...With a few covers and a few originals, this CD just oozes passion, feeling and talent from all those involved.

From the down and dirty opening few tracks, to Mike singing his heart out on the track dedicated to his daughter "Sweet Little Angel" to one of my favourite songs of all time, that has one of the best sing along chorus you will ever hear in "Same Old Situation".

It does not stop there...you get an awesome acoustic version of Crossroads before a full blooded kick arse version grabs you by the throat.

The album then finishes with a beautiful version of Peter Greens "Albatross" that brings you down nice and slowly from one hell of arse kicking ride.

Oh...and by the way...every song in between those I have mentioned, are also gems !!!

BBBFlameCover252.jpg

Well what can I say about this one....

This is simply a hard rock classic that has a twin guitar juggernaut with a massive sound that will blow your socks off !!!

This is just full of massive riffs, scorching lead guitar, driving bass and pounding drums.

Add to that, brilliant covers of Deep Purple's "Maybe I'm A Leo" and Uriah Heep's "I Wanna Be Free" and one of the best songs I've ever heard with a Led Zeppelin style in "Lonesome Road" with a massive Black Sabbath style riff, scorching lead Guitar and the Bass and Drums that just power it along with Harmonica thrown in....what a classic.

You then have the amazing "Back Stabber" which would not have been out of place on the Manic Eden S/T album.

Again, a brilliant Hard Rock Album full of brilliant songs that comes highly recommended.

CreamJam-Cover252.jpg

Last but not least we have this absolute gem that is simply jaw dropping stuff.

I am going to use the review of Steven J Rosen who sums this album up perfectly in what he says....

They say that reincarnation is making a comeback. If that is so, it

has never been more true than in the new CD by the Onesko,

Bogert and Ceo Project -- aptly called 'Big Electric Cream Jam.'

These three blues-rock virtuosos channel the feeling, emotional

content, and musical virtuosity of Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, and

Ginger Baker, respectively, and, believe it or not, take the music

up a notch. Most of all, they capture the live excitement and

power of the original trio and do it justice -- no mean feat! Overall,

the inspired playing on this CD makes one not only appreciate

Cream on a deeper level, but establishes Onesko, Bogert and Ceo,

three veteran players in their own right, in a category of their own

whose musical chops show the wisdom of their years, with a debt,

no doubt, to the original trio. Clearly, this CD represents the

rebirth of a pivotal 60s band, but with alternate musicians who

have their own story to tell. The music speaks for itself: It's as if

Cream came back with a vengeance, employing all of the musical

inspiration and musicianship that went down from the time they

disbanded to the present day. This is the new must-have CD for all

blues-rock fans!

Steven J. Rosen, author (April - 2009)

Now if this is your sort off music, make your way over to here and order these ASAP...You won't be dissapointed..... I certainly am not.....Brilliant albums, brilliant musicians, brilliant bands !!!!!!!! WWW.GROOVEYARDRECORDS.COM

They are tracking their new album "Raised On Rock" this weekend :guitbannana:

This one and the upcoming Bad Company DVD have me really excited......

BRING EM' ON :bananamac:

• 2 weeks later...
They are tracking their new album "Raised On Rock" this weekend :guitbannana:

This one and the upcoming Bad Company DVD have me really excited......

BRING EM' ON :bananamac:

Finished tracking the album and now due to be released in November.

Mike has told me it is there best work yet !!!!!

To have anything that even comes close to the three above, really has me chomping at the bit for this release......Bring it on :guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana:

• 4 weeks later...

There is an album name change and I've heard one of the demos from it and it sounds just mighty fine to me..... Can't wait for this one big time :guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana:

these guys flat out JAM! glad to see you post this on here. i love the blues/rock!!

You are dead right mate and they are the best at it.......The new album is out in November titled "World On Fire" and after speaking to Mike Onesko, he is really happy with the end result and said it is the best yet from the BBB which has me really excited and I can't wait for the release.

I recommend to you to if you already have not, to check out the "Big Electric Cream Jam" from the Onesko Bogert Ceo Project which is an absolute gem of an album...{Emery Ceo is the drummer from the BBB}......It is simply amazing !!!!!

Love your taste mate because they are an awesome band and Mike Onesko is an awesome talent :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
There is an album name change and I've heard one of the demos from it and it sounds just mighty fine to me..... Can't wait for this one big time :guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana:

these guys flat out JAM! glad to see you post this on here. i love the blues/rock!!

The new album is out in November titled "World On Fire" and after speaking to Mike Onesko, he is really happy with the end result and said it is the best yet from the BBB which has me really excited and I can't wait for the release.

Just got to hear another one of the new tracks and I can concur with Mike when he states "The best yet"....

3 seconds into the song and the hair on the back of my neck stood up and the shivers ran right through my body....

:bowdown: Simply brilliant and November can't come quick enough for me and this new release :tumbsup:

HOLY SHIT.........This new track is an absolute "MONSTER"

Blindside Blues Band fans, brace yourself.....I kid you not.....you have been warned..... :bowdown: Jaw dropping stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a few tracks now from this up coming release and I seriously can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this..........Senfuckinsational indeed !!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD ON FIRE - BLINDSIDE BLUES BAND

• 2 weeks later...
Heard a few tracks now from this up coming release and I seriously can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this..........Senfuckinsational indeed !!!!!!!!!!!

This is the baby I'm waiting for !!!!!!!!!

1 MONTH TO GO NOW :bananamac:

• 4 weeks later...

This is the baby I'm waiting for !!!!!!!!!

1 MONTH TO GO NOW :bananamac:

:doh: .....It's been put back a month and now a December release.......Never mind......Good things come to those who wait......And trust me, the wait is killing me but it will be well worth it indeed :tumbsup:

Hey Dave, now you know what my love for Cauterize on this forum was like... except I think at least one other person here liked Cauterize. ;)

Hey Dave, now you know what my love for Cauterize on this forum was like... except I think at least one other person here liked Cauterize. ;)

Get your eyes checked Geoff.....brayndeded is a very wise man.....unlike some ;)

Sounds good from your description, Dave. I just bought the ONESKO BOGERT CEO - CREAM JAM CD. If it isn't any good, I will make you responsible for it ! ;)

Get your eyes checked Geoff.....brayndeded is a very wise man.....unlike some ;)

Haha... I did see the one dude. :lol: But I think I there were actually about 4 Cauterize fans here! :lol:

Sounds good from your description, Dave. I just bought the ONESKO BOGERT CEO - CREAM JAM CD. If it isn't any good, I will make you responsible for it ! ;)

No worries at all mate :tumbsup: .......Great album !!!!

The good news just keeps on coming for me :guitbannana:

It looks like there is also a Blindside Blues Band Tribute to the Beatles album in the making and another Onesko Bogert Ceo project going to happen just down the track :bananamac:

• 5 weeks later...

Album title has now gone back to "Raised On Rock" and will be released on December the 18th.

Have seen the album cover and it is a beauty :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
:doh: Will now be released on 1/1/2010.....Now that's what I call an early contender for album of the year 2010 :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
:doh: Hopefully...........fingers crossed.......This will be available tomorrow 11/1/2010 !!!!!!

Been guaranteed by Mike that Friday 15/1, US time is the day it will be finally available :bananamac:

Raised_On_Rock_Cover-471x404.jpg

Look out Grooveyard Records......This along with a few others will be purchased then !!!!!!!!!

GuitarPeteLiveBluesWarehouseCover125.jpgGuitarPeteMeanStreetsCover125.jpgRandyHansen-EuroTour2008Cover125.jpg and this DVD RandyHansenLive2008DVD125.jpg

Click on "Raised On Rock", on the Grooveyard site, turn it up loud and buckle yourself in......This is how you kick arse big time !!!!

Blindside Blues Band - Raised On Rock

JAN 7th 2010

The Blindside Blues Band is getting ready to

start working on Smokehouse Sessions

Volume 2! demoing starts in two weeks!Also

on the slate for 2010 is a LIVE BLINDSIDE

BLUES BAND disc featuring hits from every

BBB disc including the new one! Plus we are

working on another Live disc from The Onesko

Bogert-Ceo Project!!!! Should be another busy

year for Mike Onesko and Co.

The outlook for 2010 justs keeps on getting better :bananamac: