Evans Blue

Glen

Had a first couple of listens to this today and it is indeed excellent.

The second half of the album in particular is spot on.

I mean does it get any better (modern wise) in 2009 than the double punch of 'Bulletproof' and 'I Blame You' ?? Just stunning both of them.

Will tuck in neatly behind Nural at No 2 spot for me :headbanger:

Haha, you ambitious man! Yeah, gave it a spin last night and this is definitely their best album so far. They still haven't really upped the pace at all which was an initial disappointment, but they do seem far more consistent and there were a lot of songs I enjoyed here. I'll be interested to see how it grows. Not sure if it'll make my top 10, but we'll see.

One thing for sure, nothing as good as 'Q' on here, though. ;)

BTW, read up on them on Wikipedia yesterday too - the departure of the original lead singer doesn't sound like much fun. Poor bastard. I wonder what the planned 3rd album he leaked sounds like.

Not really ambitious....I love this thing. Listened to it 3 times straight this arvo.

The second half is just great when cranked....esp those 2 I mentioned above.

Some nice solos as well which is always welsome on a modern album.

Oh yeah, that was one thing I did notice. Great solos, and a few of them too. I'll give it a better spin, mate. Was a little pre-occupied yesterday but I did like what I heard. :)

Oh yeah, that was one thing I did notice. Great solos, and a few of them too. I'll give it a better spin, mate. Was a little pre-occupied yesterday but I did like what I heard. :)

Bulletproof - that's the winner. Stunning.

Wow, you're definitely spot on with 'Bulletproof'. Killer track. Definitely album highlight and the second best thing they've done after 'Q'.

My problem with these guys is the same with Bulletproof Messenger and even to a degree, No Love Lost. No variation in tempo. Everything is slow and it does get to me over a full disc. The beauty of modern rock these days is that there are bands throwing out full hard rock riffs and driving mid to up-tempo tracks on par with the other stuff we listen to here. I like a few songs off this, but they need to vary it up more to get me totally on board.

Wow, you're definitely spot on with 'Bulletproof'. Killer track. Definitely album highlight and the second best thing they've done after 'Q'.

My problem with these guys is the same with Bulletproof Messenger and even to a degree, No Love Lost. No variation in tempo. Everything is slow and it does get to me over a full disc. The beauty of modern rock these days is that there are bands throwing out full hard rock riffs and driving mid to up-tempo tracks on par with the other stuff we listen to here. I like a few songs off this, but they need to vary it up more to get me totally on board.

Yeah I do know what you mean...I may have jumped the gun slightly on this one. The second half is very strong though and I can see this residing in the top 10.......well for at least another couple of weeks. LOL. 14/07 is a very interesting date.....Daughtry and Adelitas Way released on the same day - which will be better though??.

• 3 weeks later...
Had a first couple of listens to this today and it is indeed excellent.

The second half of the album in particular is spot on.

I mean does it get any better (modern wise) in 2009 than the double punch of 'Bulletproof' and 'I Blame You' ?? Just stunning both of them.

Will tuck in neatly behind Nural at No 2 spot for me :headbanger:

Wow, just listened to this again after a good break.

Have to say that the second half is pretty damned great.

And just to re-iterate 'Bulletproof' and 'I Blame you' one after the other is just stunning. I love those two songs.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Must spin this again. I hopefully have an Ipod coming my way that will allow me to keep much better tabs on all this stuff soon. :) Can't wait.