I solved the David Cole mystery!

Leykis101

This is the email I sent along with the response from Producer David Cole.

I was wondering if you would answer a question for me, I discovered there was an african american producer named David Cole, that passed away in 1995, Im trying to figure out which one of you guys produced the 1990 MCA release Blue Tears, as it is not really clear anywhere on the internet which of the David Coles It Was,

Thank You

Cody Casey

His Reply

Yeah, that was me, and what a tedious process that album was, I think we used 78 Tracks just on the backing vocals, the band wanted a huge harmonic effect, which I clearly think they got, if not over got. I met the "other David Cole" on a flight from New York once. He was half of "C&C Music Factory"... Cole & Clivelles. They produced a bunch of acts too and our credits are mixed together on the net. You can find my info at:

DavidColemusic.com.

Take care,

-DC

How did he respond to your email if he passed away in 1995? Spooky... :eek:

There were two. He wrote and received a response from the living one. ;)

I hope it was the living one! if not that's high tech death!

There were two. He wrote and received a response from the living one. ;)

Oh yeah. :crazy:

All the great albums are a producers nightmare, just hope he's proud when he plays it back as it's probably the best album he'll every be involved with...

I was wondering if you would answer a question for me, I discovered there was an african american producer named David Cole, that passed away in 1995, Im trying to figure out which one of you guys produced the 1990 MCA release Blue Tears, as it is not really clear anywhere on the internet which of the David Coles It Was,

Thank You

Cody Casey

His Reply

Yeah, that was me, and what a tedious process that album was, I think we used 78 Tracks just on the backing vocals, the band wanted a huge harmonic effect, which I clearly think they got, if not over got. I met the "other David Cole" on a flight from New York once. He was half of "C&C Music Factory"... Cole & Clivelles. They produced a bunch of acts too and our credits are mixed together on the net. You can find my info at:

DavidColemusic.com.

Take care,

-DC

He hasn't listed Blue Tears anywhere on site.. I'd love to ask him about the recording of that album

Thank You

Cody Casey

His Reply

DavidColemusic.com.

Take care,

-DC

He hasn't listed Blue Tears anywhere on site.. I'd love to ask him about the recording of that album

Kinda odd isn't it? If he had posted it on there, I probably wouldn't have had to send him an email! I don't really understand what the deal is with it, but he sure proud of Bob Segar and Richard Marx, isn't he.

Thank You

Cody Casey

His Reply

DavidColemusic.com.

Take care,

-DC

Kinda odd isn't it? If he had posted it on there, I probably wouldn't have had to send him an email! I don't really understand what the deal is with it, but he sure proud of Bob Segar and Richard Marx, isn't he.

I would have thought Blue Tears would have been one of Davids best works to date...

I would have thought Blue Tears would have been one of Davids best works to date...

Yeah, but who - besides us - know Blue Tears ? In the "normal" world Bob Seger and Richard Marx are a lot more known.

Yeah, that was me, and what a tedious process that album was, I think we used 78 Tracks just on the backing vocals, the band wanted a huge harmonic effect, which I clearly think they got, if not over got.

Take THAT Def Leppard! :lol:

Well he still hasn't responded, you guys wanna start firing off emails to him? I basically just told him how he made one of the most astounding cd's in history, and I'd like to know about the recording, since its never been talked about, and etc. but he never responded, so maybe we should ask him in force, what do you guys think?

Well he still hasn't responded, you guys wanna start firing off emails to him? I basically just told him how he made one of the most astounding cd's in history, and I'd like to know about the recording, since its never been talked about, and etc. but he never responded, so maybe we should ask him in force, what do you guys think?

I give you permission to send your enforcers over to get answers :christmas:

Roger That