Shadowside

Fat Freddy

(*NOTE* This is my second attempt at posting this... the first time it got eaten somehow and disappeared...)

3236140976_a6e341777a_o.jpg

3236140780_b4ac741859_o.jpg

I've been getting update e-mails from this Brazilian band for over a year now (not sure how, I assume they must've gotten my address thru Detritus 'zine) but until recently hadn't been able to read any of'em because at first they were all written in Portuguese. Anyway, I finally got curious enough to check out their MySpace and liked what I heard. When I read that they had a female vocalist I was afraid they'd be one of those damned symphonic/operatic chick metal bands (of which there are far too many IMO) but I was pleased to find they're more traditionally minded. They're kinda like a Brazilian accented, slightly less crunchy version of the California band Benedictum (also fronted by a warrior woman). Pretty good stuff. Their new album is called DARE TO DREAM and it should be out at the end of April. Right now the whole album is streaming at their MySpace so check it out.

Linx: http://www.myspace.com/shadowsideband

Video for the tune "Highlight":

Edited by Fat Freddy

Wow Fat Freddy,

thanks a lot for this brilliant link :tumbsup::drink:

This is pure M.E.T.A.L. done with one of the best female vocals I've heard for a long time! This will be a real MUST HAVE for my collection!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your response Metalhunter... cuz if it weren't for you this thread would'a went over like a lead balloon.

So nobody checked this band out other than M.H.? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
prefabricated stuff....how much a kilo of it?

Sorry if their steele isn't troo or arcane enough for ya George :)

sorry if ya troo pissed, brotha.... :christmas:

I could never be pissed at one so tr00.

sorry if ya troo pissed, brotha.... :christmas:

I could never be pissed at one so tr00.

....it's just a game, it's just a game you say, but it's for you...it's not a game, it's not a game we play, it feels so true..... :guitbannana: