Cadillac Bratz... question for those with an original

I recieved this cd today as part of a trade.

The front cover is all nice and glossy on top quality paper, whilst the rear insert is on ordinary paper and slightly blurred (ie looks scanned). Could anyone else with an original please inspect theirs to see if it is the same.

Is this how they were released or have I been duped?

thanks in advance.

cheers,

Lindsay

I don't have the Cadillac Bratz CD so can't comment on that, but I've been done once before by a seller who put a scan of the rear artwork in the case. The front original, the CD original, but the rear insert a poor quality scan. They don't tell you this of course! I only discovered this when I was changing the jewel case and saw the "kodak" words printed on the back of the rear artwork.

I think a lot of people went through a phase some years ago when CD binders/wallets were becoming popular and stored/threw out all the rear artwork so they could put their CD's and front artwork into binders. I think for this reason there is a lot of CD's circulating out there missing the original rear artwork. I saw an E-bay seller recently trying to sell a huge pile of original rear inserts for hard rock bands.

I don't have the Cadillac Bratz CD so can't comment on that, but I've been done once before by a seller who put a scan of the rear artwork in the case. The front original, the CD original, but the rear insert a poor quality scan. They don't tell you this of course! I only discovered this when I was changing the jewel case and saw the "kodak" words printed on the back of the rear artwork.

I think a lot of people went through a phase some years ago when CD binders/wallets were becoming popular and stored/threw out all the rear artwork so they could put their CD's and front artwork into binders. I think for this reason there is a lot of CD's circulating out there missing the original rear artwork. I saw an E-bay seller recently trying to sell a huge pile of original rear inserts for hard rock bands.

wonder if the glam_junkie's cd rear insert mentions "kodak" that seems to be happening a fair bit out there.