Dangerous!

JC_AOR

These guys look pretty young and there is only 1 track to go off but not bad - kinda cool popish Hard Rock/Glam. I guess they're one of those young bands jumping on the 80's revival bandwagon. Not that there's a problem with that as long as the music's alright. They have an EP coming out this month and some tour dates listed around Oz, including here is BrisVegas.

Anyone know anything about these guys? Lindsay??

MySpace

Have been meaning to get out and see them but haven;t had the chance. They used to be called 'Wendy Icon', or it was a different band with some of the same members.

I use to talk to one of the guys from Wendy Icon going back a bit, but i could never get into the music as it was on punk side of glam...

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

78% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Honestly I like the vibe and groove this one gives off, sort of reminds me of their acoustic performances
    • I was on the train before, but for the record- 1. I prefer Steve Lee's voice over Harry Hess, purely as vocalists. Much respect for both, but I prefer Hess as the overall artist. 2. Coverdale over Tyler. Probably the only super easy pick without thought required. 3. Michaels over Vie. Another easy one, actually. Much as I love prime Enuff Z'Nuff and his unique voice, I wouldn't say I'm individually a mad fan of his vocals. Never had an issue with Michaels. 4. Robert Mason over Lane on a purely vocal level. Every single other aspect, Lane all the way. 5. Lewis over Pearcy. Really hard one. Possibly surprised myself here going with Lewis. Obviously neither are vocal powerhouses, but both iconic. It was thinking of Lewis on something like 'Over the edge' that made me lean that way. 6. Tate over La Torre. I'll be honest and say I've not heard the other dude much, but Tate did what he did very well. 7. Winger over Jovi. As close to a dead heat as there was. Ended up going with Winger thinking of something like 'Spell I'm Under,' but wicked close contest. 8. Malloy over Russell. Love both these guys, but on a purely vocal level had to go with Malloy. 9. Poley over Laine. Poley probably my favourite 80's hard rock vocalist and bit of a confession time... not the maddest Laine fan ever. Love him on 'Stick it in your ear' and even 'Cockroach,' but not as big a fan of him in more recent years. Guess the same could be said for Poley, but in their prime, Poley for me.  10. Joe Elliot over Heart. Another easy one. Love Elliot's voice but never been a fan of Heart's much at all. 11. Cathey over Logan. Two great vocalists, but I melt over Cathey's voice and with a bigger sample size he'd probably have been my favourite vocalist of the era. 12. Davis over Bulen (or is Keeling?). You stumped with with this one, mate. Have we ever heard Bulen sing on anything? I don't think I have. I just read he was actually the lead vocalist for Baton Rouge before they recorded anything and Keeling took over. So I assume you might have meant Keeling? In which case my answer's still the same.  Cool thread anyway. I enjoyed it. 
    • I haven't bought any but I'm heavily considering Badd Boyz, I'm not the biggest Shortino fan but the samples I've heard from that one rock!  Based on samples, honestly Rough Cutt is probably the one I won't consider any time soon.  I don't like the sort of metallic effect on Shortino's voice in some songs if you get what I mean.  For the same reason I've avoided the Platinum Overdose albums where I think it's more noticeable.  I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else though so I'm not sure if I'm the only that gets bothered by it or maybe I'm just going insane
    • Geez mate, there were some really hard choices there, especially numbers 1, 4, 7 and 9. Nice job.  
    • You've got a lot of catching up to do.  
    • Another promotional track, this time from UKJ.    
    • Anyone play Pokémon Go?   If so I’d like to expand my in game friends for sending gifts and trades and such.    Shoot me a pm and I’ll get you my user information.    Thanks 
    • Yeah, I've already forgotten about it. On my phone and can't remember exactly, but I think there were two keepers? Very disappointing after what I was hoping for. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.