Lordi's cover

Rockministeri

Lordi - Deadache album has a bonustrack "The House". Here's a link to the original finnish early 80s soft rock hit(with finnish lyrics), in case anyone is interested.

I don't think anyone outside Finland is interested, quite frankily.... ;)

Somebody in Turku might be? (that's not in Finland) :whistle:

Lordi - Deadache album has a bonustrack "The House". Here's a link to the original finnish early 80s soft rock hit(with finnish lyrics), in case anyone is interested.

I only got the Euro version of 'Dedache' so have never heard 'The House' before. What's Lordi's version like?

I only got the Euro version of 'Dedache' so have never heard 'The House' before. What's Lordi's version like?

Turku? Isn't that something you eat? :unsure:

I know, it's something you wear!

:unsure: No?

It must be the thing you shove up your ass when you're constipatied...

Aren't Lordi's versions of all songs the same? Vocal abominations?

Don't you like the crisp and crystal clear vocals of Mr. Lordi? :unsure:

I don't think you were here when I was ranting about this band, but I f*cking despise them. Musically awesome, but the vocals make me want to hurt people. Mostly the guys in Lordi.

I don't think you were here when I was ranting about this band, but I f*cking despise them. Musically awesome, but the vocals make me want to hurt people. Mostly the guys in Lordi.

But as you always say, it's the tune that is the most important thing, hey mate? :whistle:

But as you always say, it's the tune that is the most important thing, hey mate? :whistle:

Indeed I do, which shows just how much I hate this guy's voice. This guy and Justin Hawkins are the only two vocalists ever who have been able to crack that barrier of hatred. Oh, and the guy in Immaculate Mary. Lucky for me, though, The Darkness and Immaculate Mary sucked on their own terms - bad vocals or not.

The shame about Lordi is that with a listenable (not good, just listenable) vocalist they would not suck. In this case, just WAY too much to overlook for the sake of a decent song.

Indeed I do, which shows just how much I hate this guy's voice. This guy and Justin Hawkins are the only two vocalists ever who have been able to crack that barrier of hatred. Oh, and the guy in Immaculate Mary. Lucky for me, though, The Darkness and Immaculate Mary sucked on their own terms - bad vocals or not.

The shame about Lordi is that with a listenable (not good, just listenable) vocalist they would not suck. In this case, just WAY too much to overlook for the sake of a decent song.

I really don't think his vocals are that bad to be truthful, once you get used to them - now if you had said those twats from Britny Fox and Slaughter, well, we might really be talking shite vocalists that are virtually unlistenable!!. With songs as good as those especially on 'The Arokalypse' and last years 'Deadache', I am willing to forgive and just enjoy the songs for what they are which is bloody excellent imo. :tumbsup:

I really don't think his vocals are that bad to be truthful, once you get used to them - now if you had said those twats from Britny Fox and Slaughter, well, we might really be talking shite vocalists that are virtually unlistenable!!. With songs as good as those especially on 'The Arokalypse' and last years 'Deadache', I am willing to forgive and just enjoy the songs for what they are which is bloody excellent imo. :tumbsup:

I call them "novelty" vocals. Being a pain in the ass for the sake of being a pain in the ass. Obviously we agree on Dizzy Dean and to a degree Mark Slaughter (only the high notes - I like him just fine when he sings "normal") but at least those dudes were honestly trying to the best of their abilities to sing. Lordi are just taking the piss and I don't like it. :lol:

Within reason, I can appreciate any good music despite a bad vocalist, as long as it's not getting stupid. It's pretty much the same with all those screamo bands Tim (2) likes. Musically fine, but the vocals are too much to get past for me personally.