Faron

I`ve mentioned elsewhere that the 2 albums by this band have been under my nose for the best part of 30 years.

As everyone knows I`m not with the times and like all the older stuff or certainly some of it.

I`ve been playing their first album an awful lot of late and think it`s excellent.

The 2nd album I`ve just started to play and look forward to continually playing it (with the odd other album in between) until I`m familliar with it or sick of it, whichever comes first! :unsure::lol:

I`ve read some reviews on the front page but thought I`d bring it into the forum for some updated opinions on the albums, which one is rated the best of the two and which are the standout tracks?

The tracks for me that stand out at the moment are

Once Again

Sing To Me

Heleana

Anastasia

I`ve mentioned elsewhere that the 2 albums by this band have been under my nose for the best part of 30 years.

As everyone knows I`m not with the times and like all the older stuff or certainly some of it.

I`ve been playing their first album an awful lot of late and think it`s excellent.

The 2nd album I`ve just started to play and look forward to continually playing it (with the odd other album in between) until I`m familliar with it or sick of it, whichever comes first! :unsure::lol:

I`ve read some reviews on the front page but thought I`d bring it into the forum for some updated opinions on the albums, which one is rated the best of the two and which are the standout tracks?

The tracks for me that stand out at the moment are

Once Again

Sing To Me

Heleana

Anastasia

Is the 2nd one out on CD ? I didn't even know they had a second one. It's not on HH, unfortunately.

Brilliant disc Faron and I know that Nick is also a big fan of this band aswell. There was a mention of Rock Candy doing the second one, so cross fingers.

Yeah what's with that? ... It's all gone quiet on that front, whereas lesser albums, and not necessarily hard ones to find anyway, have seen re-issues done.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • My first live experience was D-A-D on April 22, 1995, at a venue which had a capacity of 6000 people. It was on their Helpyourselfish tour, and every song from that album was included on a setlist consisting of 24 songs. They were at the height of their career both musically and popularity-wise. I've seen them about 15 times, but this April night was something special.  
    • I thought you hate Synthwave. Why did you buy The Midnight?
    • shame you missed Skid Row. They were great back then 
    • Almost impossible to separate my top 10 as most could easily swap position (especially 1 & 2 !!). But I gave it a go. 1. Threshold - Dividing Lines Only just recently released but this was always going to be a huge album for me. 5 yrs since the release of Shires but the wait was worth it. This is a masterpiece in my opinion - melody, lyrics, vocals, musicianship, hooks all amazing. 2. Ghost - Imperia For a long while this was top of the pack and was definitely my most listened to album of 2022. The last 2 Ghost albums were amazing and this is no different. Great production, arrangements - this something really different and unique. Best gig of 2022 as well - their show at London O2 was stunning 3. Muse - Will of the People Biggest surprise of the year. Never would have imagined that a Muse album would feature in my best of list let alone end up no 3!! Easily their best album to date , love every track. Short at just 37 mins, but I love that. No filler, all killer album. Brilliant lyrics and subject matter as well 4. VHS Collection - Night Drive Never has an album title been so accurate. This album is made for night time driving - just an awesome vibe, brilliant songs. Top job all round 5. Alter Bridge - Pawns & Kings Monumental metal album. Dark, deep lyrically, crunching Tremonti riffs. Love it. 6 Kissin Dynamite - Not The End of the Road Another surprise for me. Never been the biggest KD fan but man they nailed it on this. Barely a filler in sight and easily the best pure melodic rock album of 2022 7. Degreed - Are You Ready Another top quality album from one of my fav bands. Really hate the song Radio though which keeps this out of the top 5 8. Dan Reed Network - Let's Hear it for the King I do dearly love this album, and agonised a bit over its placing, but the albums above are just too good. Massive return to form and I pretty much love every track with 'I See Angels' probably bring my fav ballad of 2022 9. Cats in Space - Kickstart the Sun Another album which could be top 5 on any given day. Just a couple of weaker tracks pull it down slightly but stuff like the title track & Smoke & Mirrors are top drawer. Brilliant vocals as well. 10. Iron Allies - Blood In Blood Out Late addition to my top 10 but my God this album is awesome! Best thing Reece has been on in years and old school metal album of the year imo. Just crunching metal and sensational solos. Go to gym album So now we come to honourable mentions - in no order - all v good albums in their own right : Reckless Love - excellent attempt at synthwave Chez Kane - another great 80s throwback Skid Row - Erik breaths new life into old dogs Palace - great bunch of feel good songs Crashdiet - best album since GW Treat - more great modern melodic rock Black Swan - better than the debut Ultraboss - v nice synthwave album Ronnie Atkins - Bit of a dip but still v nice Young Gun Silver Fox - best Westcoast 2022 Do there you go, 20 great albums which I would recommend. I really good year in music with a few surprises for me. 👍
    • Up until 2007 only local bands performing cover songs. 2008, my first ever international experience and it was an awesome one. It was Mr.Big's reunion tour. 
    • New video for 'LARP'. From Frontiers: Infinite & Divine, a collaboration between two Swedish musicians, guitarist/songwriter/producer Jan Åkesson and vocalist Tezzi (a/k/a Terese Persson), will release their sophomore album, "Ascendancy" on February 10, 2023.  In the summer of 2019, Jan and Tezzi first encountered one another and shortly after that set to work on writing songs for what would ultimately become their debut album, ”Silver Lining”. Said album was a fantastic combination of Jan’s energetic heavy riffs, the influences of their varied taste in melodic hard rock and metal, and Tezzi’s melodic, yet powerful vocals. "Ascendancy" sees the two taking that songwriting formula and building upon it to craft an even more thrilling and energetic album, highlighting all their strengths.  Terese "Tezzi" Persson started her musical career doing local troubadour gigs at the age of 17, but before that had already started writing her own songs and lyrics. Over the years, she has appeared in different musical projects both as a lead singer in metal and progressive rock bands, as well as doing backup vocals for various Swedish artists. In 2013, she also appeared on the second album, “Fantasmagoria,” from Epysode (featuring Mike Lepond of Symphony X, Simone Mularoni of DGM, and Tom Englund of Evergrey among others). In 2021, she partnered up with four other stunning lead vocalists in the pop metal outfit Venus 5, whose self-titled debut album was released in June 2022.  Jan Åkesson started out as a songwriter while also appearing as lead guitarist in several bands, before he decided to step back from the live scene to focus on writing and producing songs. He started the band StoneLake, who released seven studio albums, while at the same time writing songs for other artists around the world, all who were performing different styles of music. In 2017, he also released the album ”Ascension” by his solo project Shadow Rain.  The band’s music is extremely tasteful, and the listeners will enjoy very good moments with songs as “I Feel Alive” (a modern feeling similar to what can be found on AMARANTHE’s works, but with precious melodies and great vocals), the 80’s hooking melodies of “Infinite & Divine” and “Not Too Late”, the melodic Hard Rock appeal shown on “Wasteland” and “We Are One”, the tender and precious harmonies of “You and I” and “While You’re Looking for Love” (this one has the same appeal of heavier songs of DEF LEPPARD’s “Hysteria”) are the ones to become the favorite tracks for the fans. But the entire album is great, so enjoy it. - Metal Temple “Silver Lining” runs the proverbial gamut, touching upon a bevy of metal subgenres while delivering consistently memorable riffs and some pretty impressive lead work. For her part, Persson's vocals elevate much of the material here, adding a soulful, 'human' quality.... - Sonic Perspectives ‘Silver Lining’ is an absolute powerhouse of an album and well worth a listen. - Metal Planet Music Tracklisting:1. Ashes To Ashes2. Larp3. Remedy4. Our Time5. Leave Me6. Silent Revolution7. I Hold My Life8. Forever With Me9. Down10. Parasites11. Small DeedsLine-Up:Tezzi - Lead & Backing VocalsJan Åkesson - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Backing Vocals, & ProgrammingAdditional Musicians:Jens Westberg - DrumsMikael Hylén - Keyboard Solo on Ashes To Ashes      
    • First gig was Motley Crue at Birmingham NEC in 1989 with White Lion & Skid Row supporting. I was 14. My 2 uncle's took me so I knew a few weeks in advance and was listening to 'Dr Feelgood' & 'Girls, Girls, Girls' in prep. We didn't arrive in time to see Skid Row. I didn't know them at the time or thus what i was missing. This was the show were Vince through a tantrum and threw his mic into the crowd and walked off - though he/they did return to finish. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/motley-crue/1989/nec-arena-birmingham-england-2bd7446a.html
    • Growing up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, there was no concert scene, and only classical music was permitted to be played in my house, so it wasn't until I left for college in 1984 that I had an opportunity to see any acts... but that first year was a good one. Over that Thanksgiving break I stayed with a guy in Michigan where I got to see Armored Saint and Whitesnake opening for Quiet Riot (RIP Kevin Dubrow). The following summer back in PA I went to what is to date the biggest concert event I've ever attended: Live Aid at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia. Physically, the most miserable concert experience ever, as it was almost 100 degrees and I got dehydrated and sunburned like a mofo. That was the first time I ever saw huge video screens (where they played the acts performing at Wembley Stadium in the UK). When I went back to college that fall semester, I saw Y&T opening for Motley Crue on the Theater of Pain tour at Richfield Colisseum in Cleveland. It's both a shame and a good thing that cellphones with cameras didn't exist to capture the events... -Dan
    • wowser, great story. And to see Phil as well. Never saw Lizzy or Lynott solo  
    • Yeah the tracks on California Metal were amazing. Had no idea they recorded more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.