Panik

Geoff

This CD has quite a history with me. Back in 2004 I probably listened to samples of the disc about 10 times. Each time I almost bought it but just passed at the last minute. Through the years I've seen it pop up again but still never taken the plunge. Then, finally I saw it on sale at NEH for $5 and took the opportunity.

I'm listening to it at the moment and so far it's pretty damn good. 'Gear girl' is just awesome and 'Die for you' is another great track.

Anyway, I just stumbled across their website and it turns out this was their 3rd album!

http://www.panikweb.com/index.php

Also, it looks as though the band is still active, although nothing's been released since 2004's 'A page torn'.

Anyway, anyone else a fan of these guys? Anyone know what they're up to?

The band is from my neck of the woods. They used to be called Great Beyond (heavier sound) and then changed to Torn a few years back. To my knowledge they haven't released anything lately. If they release someting locally and or independently, I'll let you know.

I had this album (A Page Torn), the songs were good, but I didn't like the production.. Especially the drum sound was weak... Anyway their cover of Judas Priest songs was interesting...

They have two older tracks on their site http://www.panikweb.com/sounds.php

They sound more 'grunge' to me... But the production is definitely much better.

I had this album (A Page Torn), the songs were good, but I didn't like the production.. Especially the drum sound was weak... Anyway their cover of Judas Priest songs was interesting...

They have two older tracks on their site http://www.panikweb.com/sounds.php

They sound more 'grunge' to me... But the production is definitely much better.

I'm hoping to get a listen of those old tracks sometime... but if they're grunge I won't be in a hurry. Either way, I bet those 2 albums are impossible to find so it's probably not worth the hassle. :)

The band is from my neck of the woods. They used to be called Great Beyond (heavier sound) and then changed to Torn a few years back. To my knowledge they haven't released anything lately. If they release someting locally and or independently, I'll let you know.

Thanks mate. I'd be interested to hear what a new disc would sound like as there's a lot of promise on this disc.

• 1 year later...

Just got to bump this one. I'm seeing this on pretty much every music site in the bargain bins and sale sections at the moment and I'm just here to say buy it! If you haven't tried this, pick it up at one of the million places trying to get rid of it because this is a very good disc. Well worth the pocket-change prices I've seen it going for. Recommended.

• 2 months later...

I had to track down the samples on Amazon.com because the links to their site are no more. No idea if the band is still recording or even still together. The samples sound really good. Might give this a whirl....

http://www.amazon.com/Page-Torn-Panik/dp/B...9757&sr=1-3

Yeah I picked this one up for cheap some time ago. To be honest I can't really re-call the sound but don't think I was all that interested. Shit album covers always put me off. Will check it out again soon.