New Riot?

tohostudios

Someone claiming to be Tony Moore just posted the following on another board:

Hey, Gents,

Mark Reale has reassembled the 1988 Thundersteel lineup (Reale, Flyntz, Jarzombek, Van Stavern & myself). We've agreed to do a new album and probably some European shows this Summer. We're ironing out the details in order to get us all into the same room for the first time in 20 years, but it looks like a go. More as it happens...and thanks for listening after all this time.

Cheers!

Tony Moore

Hey, Gents,

Mark Reale has reassembled the 1988 Thundersteel lineup (Reale, Flyntz, Jarzombek, Van Stavern & myself). We've agreed to do a new album and probably some European shows this Summer. We're ironing out the details in order to get us all into the same room for the first time in 20 years, but it looks like a go. More as it happens...and thanks for listening after all this time.

Cheers!

Tony Moore

That would be pretty cool but I don't know if Jarzombek could do it or not since he's so busy.

If they do do it I'd rather them keep Mike Flyntz and Pete Perez since they've been in the band for almost 15 years. Obviously they need to do something as far as getting a different vocalist since Dimeo is busy with Masterplan and the Lizards.

• 11 months later...

Hey, Gents,

Cheers!

Tony Moore

That would be pretty cool but I don't know if Jarzombek could do it or not since he's so busy.

If they do do it I'd rather them keep Mike Flyntz and Pete Perez since they've been in the band for almost 15 years. Obviously they need to do something as far as getting a different vocalist since Dimeo is busy with Masterplan and the Lizards.

Now Dimeo is out of Masterplan and Riot is set to do festivals this year with the "Thundersteel" lineup, well at least most of it.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, there are some videos in youtube with mike(how great was in his early youth with jack"the kid who never took his ice cream" starr)....seeing riot with tony perhaps is one of the few things that would make me get the first plane.....

hasnt mike tirelli (Holy Mother) been singing for them in place of dimeo for a while?

He did some shows the last couple of years with them but he wasn't a permanent member.

Tirelli actually has some type of stomach cancer right now and has been battling it for about a year but from the last I've heard he's almost cured. The Thundersteel lineup is back together and is touring this summer and working on new material last I read. :banger: