NEW COMMENTS

TIM

I don't know if anyone will agree, but please hear me out. I know you did it for our benefit Dan and I appreciate it, but I think it does more harm than good. I think if a vindictive individual can't see everything his/her adversary is writing, they will be less tempted to go to each and every section and gripe. I know you have a page for that now, but I'm not sure some will get the hint. The way I look at it, they wouldn't come to the commentary section unless there was a cd they were interested in. If they wanted Tangier they'd stay with Tangier. Right now they know person x has commented on Wildside, Farrcry, Tesla, Dokken, and Hardline and so they follow and try to stir things up. If the new comment section was removed they'd have less chance of running into someone they disliked. I think it would be less trouble for you and us. I know some enjoy that but you have a section for that stuff now. This is only a suggestion and I don't know how popular or time consuming it would be. Thanks..TIM. :ph34r:

Ok, I guess I'm being dense, but I'm not getting your point. Are you saying you don't like the new message board, or you don't like the idea of the "shit-stirring" being removed from the CD-specific comment pages?

:blink::blink:

-Dan

I was suggesting removing the new comment site. I figure it would save some of us from individuals who follow us around on the site and say the exact opposite just for the heck of it. If they want Leatherwolf, let them go to L and look it up instead of seeing my opinion and deciding to add their 2 cents worth. They then have a habit of following me or someone else all the way down the board. I hope that makes more sense...TIM. :)

I don't know. People might not get around the site as well. Did the new comment section improve things compared to what they were like without it? Someone else have an opinion on this? :huh:

Probably, getting rid of the irrelevant comments like you planned already would be more than sufficient. I know you don't have a lot of time. :)

I personally like the new comments section. I use it to find bands that are new to me. When I see someone with positive comments on a CD, I check out the rest of the comments that it has gotten in the past. If most of it is positive, I search for the CD. I actually think it is the most useful section here, though it is unfortunate that the flamers of the world abuse it.