Retrospect Records Newsletter 9/15/2006

Retrospect Records

What a busy year for Retrospect Records!! In one year we have released over 140 titles and have become the world's largest re-issue label signing more acts and releasing more product than most major labels!! A big thanks goes out to the Retrospect team made up of Graphic Design artists and A&R reps all over the world searching for lost Hard Rock and Metal gems that never got the attention they deserved. Also a huge thanks to all the artists who believed in Retrospect Records and the fans who have supported 'our' genre of music.

NOW AVAILABLE FROM RETROSPECT

DEFCON 'Defcon' (1989-1991) - Yes it's back! Now re-vamped with 4 bonus tracks , 20-page booklet and a silver pressing , Defcon was the fastest-selling artist on the Retrospect roster and is destined to become a classic in the world of Melodic Hard Rock. As powerful as Whitesnake's 1987 , Defcon has received 9's and 10's all over the world from top reviewers and with good reason!! Melodic Hard Rock and AOR fans have embraced Defcon with open arms so make sure you secure your copy today at www.retrospectrecords.com

RPM 2 CD SET 'RPM (1982) + Phonogenic (1984) - Finally 24-bit Digitally Remastered from the original master tapes , this is the definitive collection of RPM tracks. Crystal clear sound and a massive 16-page booklet including all lyrics and liners by guitarist Mark Gendel , do not miss out on the premier RPM package. Classic 80s AOR.

SHARX 'On The Rock' (1985) - SUPER RARE MELODIC ROCK / AOR FROM THE UNLIKELY ISLAND OF BERMUDA!! FIRST TIME EVER ON CD AND WHAT A GEM THIS IS!! FROM THE HARD ROCKING 'I Can't Rock Without You' TO THE AOR FINESSE OF 'The Game' , FANS AND COLLECTORS OF 80s AOR WILL LOVE THIS LOST TREASURE. KILLER VOCALS , BIG HOOKS , TASTY AXEWORK AND KEYBOARDS GALORE!! VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO FANS OF: Toto , RPM , Foreigner , Dreamstreet , Aviator , Franke & the Knockouts , Survivor , Preview , Saga AND ANY OTHER TOP-NOTCH EARLY 80s BAND!!

WEAPONS 'Captive Audience' (1985) + 'Second Thoughts' (1990) - BOTH released as limited edition cd/dvd sets.

WEAPONS ARE EASILY ONE OF THE BEST MELODIC METAL ACTS ON THE RETROSPECT LABEL AND IT'S NOT HARD TO SEE WHY. POWERHOUSE VOCALS , EXTREMELY CATCHY HOOKS AND A SMOKIN TWIN AXE ATTACK. WEAPONS WAS CRIMINALLY OVERLOOKED BY THE MAJOR LABELS BACK IN THE DAY AND YET THEY WERE JUST AS GOOD AS BANDS LIKE Keel , Hurricane , Heavens Edge , Banshee , Icon , Shok Paris , Hericane Alice , TNT , 220 Volt , Baton Rouge , Loudness ETC... AN ABSOLUTE MUST FOR FANS OF 80s HAIR METAL!!

O'Dette 'self-titled' (1989) - The band that rivalled fellow Chicago rockers Joker , Smash Alley and Defcon finally sees the light of day on cd. 5 Tracks of pure Hair Metal bliss.

COMING SOON IN 2006

Mariah '3 - The Final Demos'

Reckless 'No Frills'

Herman Ze German & Friends

Mass 'New Birth'

Stit 'Backwards'

Alleyrat 'Head Over Heels'

Joey Dalmon 'Carousel'

Saylor 'Set Me Free'

Herazz 'Yet To Come'

Herazz 'Can't Let Go'

SlyBoots 'Slyboots'

Tyger Tyger 'Lyve Cuts' (featuring members of Roxx Gang , Entice)

Intrinsic 'Intrinsic'

Wild August (2 titles)

Isom 'Isom' (lead singer of Monster)

Redd Barron 'The Barron's Here To Rock'

Slam Savvy 'Slam Savvy'

Oney 'TBA'

Lazy Susan 'Lazy Susan'

As you can see , there's still much to look forward to before the end of 2006.

Behind the scenes , many bands are re-uniting even if it's just to celebrate their first royalty check from an album recorded 20 years ago. Some have gone as far as writing new material for a new release and/or playing a few live shows. Many of the members of these bands haven't seen each other in a dozen years or more so it's exciting to be a part of bringing them together again. It's amazing what the power of music can do , and it doesn't matter if these guys are selling 50 units or 50,000 - they still have the fire....

Thanks again everyone and ROCK ON!!!

www.retrospectrecords.com

• Don't like how they present themselves, but the songs are good. 
    • New EP. These guys are always pretty solid. Opening track is very good especially, though very familiar and I'm wondering if it's been released before... maybe as a single at some point?  Yep, just checked, I had heard the single two months ago, apparently. Good song.  TROPO 1    .    Heaven 2    .    Better Before 3    .    BLOODRUSH 4    .    Paradise  
    • I don't dislike the album, but man, it is very safe. Nothing on here really stands out, bar maybe the title track. Nice hook, but overall they played it way too safe for me. 
    • Haha, how'd I miss the lord's mouthpeice entering the frame and abusing his fellow christians for not being christian enough. That looked like a riot. I wonder where I was. Anyway, the band that this thread is for released a new album. Probably not quite on par with some of their releases from "recent' years, but these guys are always good.  Reflection 1    .    Echoes 2    .    Reflection 3    .    Hourglass 4    .    In The Dark 5    .    Awaken Me 6    .    Anymore 7    .    Buried 8    .    Let The War Begin 9    .    The End of Time 10    .    Moments 11    .    Never Look Away 12    .    Future 13    .    Sleeper 14    .    Be There                  
    • lol. Jeez I've sung this band's praises in the past!    Anyway, new year (or two), new album. They're still the same band they were from day one but I guess the lyrics aren't that bad this time around as I didn't really even notice them separately, to be honest. So nothing scathing this time 'round, just letting y'all know that if interested, they released a new album. I think it's okay, but no keepers.  Fractured Paradise 1    .    Yours Truly 2    .    Chemical Burn 3        Surviving The Wasteland 4    .    A Bullet Meant For Me 5    .    Blistering Memories 6    .    Feasting On Vultures 7    .    Lizards Of Malice 8    .    My Novocain 9    .    Rehearsing Tragedies 10    .    Fractured Paradise    
    • New video for "Drive Me Tonight" out now!   
    • It's odd; it is really noticeable, the lack of new releases from artists generally featured on this site. But the let up is nowhere else, and there's plenty of strong modern rock albums being released this year so far. I assume it'll catch up, but not sure. We'll see, I guess.  
    • New song 'Day of Wrath'.    
    • I have so far picked up four releases this year, and started as early as Feb. Last year the first albums I bought were not until March. As I have said before, I am seriously behind on album pick ups from the last four years due to health issues, so it really does  not bother me that new albums are not pouring out like water as it gives me a chance to play catch up. Plus I also know I have several other albums coming out this year with Sebastian Bach, Rolling Quartz and The Warning all confirmed for new releases. Four new albums and eight catch up albums so far this year has in my mind been great as it's allowed me to devote more time to new purchases rather than giving them one spin and then move onto something else. If anyone really thinks this year is the year music has died, well quite frankly that is on you, not the bands and the music.
    • Couldnt agree more with this probably being the "heaviest" song on the album And yeah I agree, Jon may be a bit of a ruthless business man when it comes to the band, but he is a decent bloke. The amount of work he has done for the homeless is admirable. I know his voice is shot and he is having some kind of throat surgery that he says may end his touring career but I don't think that is really an excuse why his music has been so mid the last decade or so. As for Richie, I would love to see him back in the band but I don't think he would fix anything. I mean Phil is a great guitarist, and he is being wasted in the band and Richie has barely put anything out since leaving the band, with the only thing I can think of being that awful RSO album he did with Orianthi, where two fantastic guitarists seemed to almost give up on actually playing guitar. His last solo album was twelve years ago when he was still in the band, and even that was a let down with only a few stand out tracks on it. Plus his history with alcohol has done him no favours.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.