Herman Ze German

CurtisLoew

Herman Ze German & Friends - silver-pressed with liner notes from Herman himself - may include a bonus dvd.

That is huge. Is it going to be different (other than Herman's liner notes) from the "Herman Ze German" (w/ hole-punched artwork) disc RR used to sell on their site?

http://retrospectrecords.com/Band/Herman.htm

Is the American version re-recorded tracks from "Nip in the Bud" w/ guest vocalists? Or the same tracks w/ added vocals? Or neither? I've never heard either version.

The "Nip" artwork is miles better than the "ze German" cover... I'd love to see that on the reissue.

nip.jpg

Getting the rights to reissue that must be a logistical nightmare, with multiple record companies involvement and all... Do you have to get permission from the companies of all the guest artists that appear on the disc as well?

Lord knows EMI fucked over The Sex Pistols so royally that they wrote a song about it; I hope your dealings with them go better.

In some other thread, it was mentioned that the DVD might be some classic Scorpions footage? Wow.

Can't wait to see and hear this disc.

It's going to be a fantastic release with proper artwork , silver disc , liner notes from Herman and a bonus dvd (hopefully - i actually have it here) that will feature Herman in interviews with the Scorpions as well as never-before-seen private footage from his vaults.

I'm also shortly going to announce the second biggest signing for Retrospect Records since its inception.

Getting the rights to reissue that must be a logistical nightmare, with multiple record companies involvement and all... Do you have to get permission from the companies of all the guest artists that appear on the disc as well?

OH THATS GOOD!! THATS REALLY GOOD

OH THATS GOOD!! THATS REALLY GOOD

Herman owns the rights to his recordings. Thanks for asking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.