The band Britton

Axe Attack

• 3 years later...

I've just been listening to these guys. I recently scored 'Unleashed' in the Secondspin sales - a very unexpected surprise, and that should be here any day now. I've had the other two for years and these guys are an odd lot.

'Rock harder' is actually pretty cool - with songs plucked from 1986-1996 it's a bit of a mixed bag, but it's actually pretty cool. Lots of big name co-writers too. A decent effort. 'You're the one' and 'Hold on' are two of my faves.

The 'Alien Romper Room' disc annoys me. It's "quirky" but actually pretty okay. But it annoys me how he lists his live band and the photo on the back cover is of the full band, but he actually is the only musician on the CD, taking care of all the duties. The CD doesn't sound too bad, but does have that one man band feel every now and then, which I don't love. A few fillers, and it's not great... but not too bad.

How does 'Unleashed' compare to the two?

As for what he's doing now - sorry mate, no idea.

I downloaded the album Alien Romper Room as I wanted the title song, and am glad I didnt buy it.

The title song is good, and Who's your daddy is mildly catchy, albeit with weak lyrics, and the rest of the album is pretty meh.

Dont think I will bother with any of the other albums!

I downloaded the album Alien Romper Room as I wanted the title song, and am glad I didnt buy it.

The title song is good, and Who's your daddy is mildly catchy, albeit with weak lyrics, and the rest of the album is pretty meh.

Dont think I will bother with any of the other albums!

Yeah, a half-decent lyricist he is not! He's horrid, in fact, but some of it's not too bad.

I just noticed when I clicked the pre-order link for D2's newie at NEH that Britton have a new CD coming out too! Who'd have guessed?!