Questionable trader?

Hey all. I made an agreement with a fellow in Brazil to trade 2 original cds for 7 bootleg CDRs. These are pretty rare bootlegs that I was really excited about. He told me to make sure to mail registered mail because that's the only way he could receive it and he would do the same. Even though I have some hesitations about trading with folks in South America I agreed. So we both mailed the cds on Aug 22nd. It cost me $15.15 to mail them.

Anways, I still haven't received the cds from him even though he supposedly mailed them the same day. He has been in constant contact via email. In the meantime, on Saturday I received my cds returned to me because of an invalid address. It turns out I'm an idiot and didn't put the complete address on the envelope. I let him know that I received them back and he encouraged me to resend and that if I didn't get mine soon he would reburn and resend as well.

So my question is....do I bother resending? Should I trust this guy?

Here's his info just in case any of you know him.

Cristiano Absalao da Silva

mrsexx@compuland.com.br

BTW - I think I know the answer to my own question but I just want some confirmation. (His email address should probably answer my question)

Thanks all.

I sure wouldn't resend. Count the $15 as a loss and move on. I'd hate to see you get ripped off. Now, on the other hand, if you do get the bootlegs in the mail then I would definetly resend. Wait a few more days to see if you get the bootlegs he supposedly mailed. If you don't....well, you know the rest. :)

he is well known to say that he never recieved his cds from you..as a future notice before you ever deal with anyone you dont know..post his name here and see what comes of it......he has alot of aliases on ebay for a reason

I sure wouldn't resend. Count the $15 as a loss and move on. I'd hate to see you get ripped off. Now, on the other hand, if you do get the bootlegs in the mail then I would definetly resend. Wait a few more days to see if you get the bootlegs he supposedly mailed. If you don't....well, you know the rest. :)

I would say this is good advice... this is what I would do in this case. If you post which bootlegs he was gonna send... maybe someone here could help you out with some of them.

~Dave~

Thanks for all of the offers to help me replace the bootlegs. Here's the ones I was getting from him:

1. VINNIE VINCENT INVASION - ALL SYSTEMS GO DEMOS (Bootleg, CD-R)

2. Alleycat Scratch - DEMO COLLECTION (Bootleg, CD-R

3. FASTER PUSSYCAT - DEMO 1986 (Bootleg, CD-R)

4. 1958 - 1958 DEMOS (Bootleg, CD-R)

5. TWENTY 4 SEVEN (w/ John Corabi, Bobby Blotzer & Robert Marcello)

6. ENUFF ‘Z NUFF - DEMOS 86 – 87 (Bootleg, CD-R)

7. BLACKEYED SUSAN (w/ Dizzy Davidson) - JUST A TASTE

I don't trade at all with anyone in Brazil.

I know that may affect the good guys there but there are too many dodgy ones. I think their postal service is not exactly legit either. I know from trading in the past that stuff gets to the postal service and then disappears.

Avoid!!

I don't trade at all with anyone in Brazil.

I know that may affect the good guys there but there are too many dodgy ones. I think their postal service is not exactly legit either. I know from trading in the past that stuff gets to the postal service and then disappears.

Avoid!!

That may be why he insisted I send it registered mail.

From everything I've heard about him and the communications it seems as if he's legit. Just one of those things I guess.

I traded with Criss a few times in the past, he always came thru, but on a couple fo occasions he requested i re-send the pacakges which i refused to do, especially since i had not received mine, all in all it took at least a month on each trade.....I have not traded with him in a year or so and i am not sure i would again.......

I have traded with several people in Brazil an the only one i've never had a problem with is Adriano Boimel, Adriano is a class act and it is always a pleasure to deal with him........

Later

Lon