ice tiger - love n crime 2004 re-issue

Hi

I know Ice Tiger Re-issue Love n Crime last year with a different pic sleeve for their re-union show.

Anyway, I broguht one of these on ebay and it turned out to be a cdr.... very cleverly disguised with a full colour laser print directly onto the disc. What gave it away was timy text that said 'laser printable cdr' on the disc.

I contacted the seller to complain and they said this was the way they were re-issued ... as cdrs.

Just wondering whether anyone else got one of the re-issues and if theirs is a cdr, or whether I've been duped.

cheers

Lindsay

Hi

I know Ice Tiger Re-issue Love n Crime last year with a different pic sleeve for their re-union show.

Anyway, I broguht one of these on ebay and it turned out to be a cdr.... very cleverly disguised with a full colour laser print directly onto the disc. What gave it away was timy text that said 'laser printable cdr' on the disc.

I contacted the seller to complain and they said this was the way they were re-issued ... as cdrs.

Just wondering whether anyone else got one of the re-issues and if theirs is a cdr, or whether I've been duped.

cheers

Lindsay

With all those cheap duplicating services its geting easier and easier to produce good looking CD-R releases (solid laser-printed inserts, full color termoprint on disc etc.) and this is perfectly okay with me when the band itself produces it and sells it to the fans. What bums me is when a re-seller put this stuff on eBay and comfortably forget to mention it is cd-r re-issue. :angryfire:

It happened to me with the CHERRY ROXX CD - I purchased 3 directly from the band and they turned to be duplicated releases. I put one on eBay stating it is duplicated release and it sold for the nominal price I have paid for it ($9.99). Few days later I did search and guess what - the buyer who bought it from me is re-selling it now, boldly lying how good sleaze band they are (Ha!) and not a word it is CD-R! it is up to $19.19 already... and I have seen another seller doing the same thing, going even farther stating it is "REAL DEAL, NO DUPE, NO CD-R" and his sold for $40 and the buyer even left positive feedback afterwards :lame:

Here's the link to the one I sold and getting re-selled now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I have vowed myslef and next time I buy CD on eBay and it turns out to be cd-r and is not mentioned in the description I'm going to leave negative! I'll get plenty of retaliatory negs too, but at least I'll know I've done something about this shit.

definitely agree with you there.

all they have to do is mention that it is an offical cd-r reissue and there will be no problems. It's just when they try to cover it up and then i find out that it gives me the sh*ts.

I am only questioning becasue I have not read anywhere about this being a cdr, yet mine is.

anyone one else out there get the re-issue of Love n Crime?

if so, please have a look and let me know.

cheers

Lindsay