Latter Reign

Geoff

https://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=10013

Anyone ever heard of these guys? This just popped up completely by randomness on youtube. This song, in particular-

https://roxxrecords.com/products/latter-reign-live-for-the-day-roxx-2022-cd-remaster

I've never heard of Roxx Records, I don't think, but here's the write up from their site about this album-

Latter Reign was originally founded by Ryan Cane & July Cardenas. July in turn would call upon Doug Bear to play drums and the three started jamming at a small church in Ontario, California. As the band began to get their grooves down July reached out to Luis Cardenas to come and try out as lead vocalist for the band. They started practicing in Luis' garage right after that, but it was short lived as Ryan and Doug would leave the band before they ever really got it off the ground.

Luis Cardenas and July Cardenas determined to continue as they knew the look and feel of this band had great potential and they would begin spinning their wheels to keep Latter Reign going. In order to take the band to the next level they continued putting those pieces together to truly make this a viable professional rock band. July would next find Brad Smith, while Luis would bring in Glenn Graff. Then lastly Brad would invite Dave Bonavich to play drums and finally all the pieces were together and Latter Reign was rockin’ on all cylinders.

Latter Reign would become a very well-known Christian rock band as they started to play gigs all over Southern California. Latter Reign didn’t just play churches though they also went out and played clubs, bars and battle of the bands that were non-Christian events. Their philosophy was that most of the people that attend churches have already heard the word of God but the people at bars, clubs and secular events had not. Knowing this and taking it to heart, Latter Reign would go out and spread God’s word in places that many Christian Rock bands would not dare do to go.

Latter Reign were also invited to many of the big Christian rock festivals and concerts in Southern California back at the height of their performing days, playing with bands like Fear Not, Barren Cross, Guardian, Bride, Switchfoot and many more.

Latter Reign “Live For the Day” would be the first album that Latter Reign recorded. It sold well and got the band the recognition they needed at the time back in 1991 to keep the band going strong. Up next the band would record one final track with this incarnation of Latter Reign releasing the single ‘Desire’ which would be included on the Heavens Metal Vol1 compilation.  This would be the end of this chapter for Latter Reign, but was it really the end or just the beginning?

To memorialize and capture this piece in the bands history Roxx Records will be releasing a Limited Edition CD pressing of the original seven track album ‘Live For The Day’ coupled with two additional bonus tracks being the track ‘Desire’ from the Heavens Metal Comp and an unplugged version of ‘Winds of Change’

Track Listing: 

Prisoner
Real Love
Comin’ Back
Winds of Change
Don’t Close Your Heart
Only Believe
Live For The Day
Winds of Change (Acoustic) [Bonus Track]
Desire (Heavens Metal Comp) [Bonus Track]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, this sounds pretty good to me and I'd like to check it out. Sounds like the second album, 'II' was recorded not long after the above and also sounds like it could be a goer:

At the beginning of this year we brought you a very special, long lost release that made its debut to great critical acclaim, and all the reviews were stellar! That artist was Latter Reign and we were very excited to be able to bring you the bands debut album “Live For The Day” remastered and restored with all new artwork and design. Well that release has done so well, it led us to be able to work with Latter Reign once again!  

Now we bring you the bands second full length album, aptly titled “II”. “II” is a collection of songs that the band originally wrote and performed back in the day. These songs were just taking shape, and these brand-new songs were played live, but never officially released...until now. Latter Reign shared stages with many bands including Fear Not, Guardian, Tourniquet, Sin Dizzy, Barren Cross, Ransom and Broken Silence playing tracks from their debut release and these tracks you will hear right here from “II”.

Many of the tracks were never finished completely alas they rekindled their creative juices to finish recording and releasing them. With the band back together, they managed to touch up, re-record and add to these tracks to get you what you will hear today on what is essentially a brand new album. If you want the whole story, you’ll have to order the new CD, as the whole story is detailed and all in there with this CD package!

For now lets take a look at the first single, which is the self-titled track “Latter Reign” from the upcoming “Latter Reign II” album, and for this special video the band unearthed some previously unseen footage.

Video: https://youtu.be/6Z4qqjJDX3o

This beautiful limited edition CD package was remastered by Rob Colwell (Bombworks Sound) the album cover, layout and design were done by Luke Easter (Tourniquet). This new album is officially arriving with a street date of July 29th, 2022

Track Listing:

1. Latter Reign

2. Desire

3. Dreams

4. Shine Your Light

5. Radio Paradise

6. Rotten Johnny

7. Crazy World

8. Day By Day

9. Hardened Heart

10. Won't Go Down

11. Why

12. Writings On The Wall

• 2023 Gold Donors

I just ordered their Live For the Day cd during Black Friday.  Roxx Records had 50% off the stuff on their website and I had been eyeing this one so I took advantage of the sale.  I like the samples that I’ve heard and the songs that have been posted on the site.  Sounds like a good band.  I didn’t go for the second one as it mentioned it was demo’s so I wasn’t sure of the quality of the recordings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, headbanger4life said:

I just ordered their Live For the Day cd during Black Friday.  Roxx Records had 50% off the stuff on their website and I had been eyeing this one so I took advantage of the sale.  I like the samples that I’ve heard and the songs that have been posted on the site.  Sounds like a good band.  I didn’t go for the second one as it mentioned it was demo’s so I wasn’t sure of the quality of the recordings.

Nice. Yeah, I don't know mate. Of the songs I posted above, the two from the second album actually seem to be better sound quality than the first. Hard to say if that's across the board, though, or if the sound varies from demo to demo.