Tom DeLuca - Street Rock

Stefan

tomdeluca-streetrock.jpg

From MelodicRock Classics:

MelodicRock Classics is excited to announce that Tom DeLuca's long lost second studio album has been liberated from the vaults.

DeLuca’s acclaimed cult favorite debut ‘Down To The Wire’ was released by Epic Records in 1986. He was also signed with MCA Music (Universal) as a songwriter and was working on his next album for Epic when the label went through a mass firing of staff, including his A&R person. That label restructure quashed any hope for a second album. As often happens, tracks were leaked and pirated over the years, some incorrectly titled and others with poor audio quality. For the first time, DeLuca now delivers the ‘official’ second album ‘Street Rock’, correctly marked and in the original intended sequence.

Two additional bonus tracks have been added - the anthemic rocker “Take It Like A Man” and DeLuca’s original version of “Satisfied Man,” a hit he co-wrote for Southern rock band Molly Hatchet.

Tom DeLuca: “When MelodicRock Classics contacted me about releasing songs I recorded years ago but had never released, it came out of the blue. These are songs that had special meaning to me at different phases of my life, but I never expected them to be heard. I hope the listener will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed writing and recording them.”

Tom Deluca is an American songwriter who started his career in Nashville, TN. Born in Pittsburgh but growing up in South Florida, he moved to Nashville in his early 20s, and within two years had his first publishing deal. He moved to Los Angeles in the 90’s when he was signed by Epic Records as a solo artist and still resides there today. In 1986, Tom’s first album called ‘Down To The Wire’ was recorded in London and produced by James Guthrie (Pink Floyd). Deluca produced or co-produced ‘Street Rock’, with the exception of “Satisfied Man” which was produced by Terry Manning (ZZ Top, Lenny Kravitz).

As a songwriter, DeLuca has enjoyed success with a number of cuts including "Man Alive" (Diesel), "Bound For Glory” (Angry Anderson), "Down By The River" (Meredith Brooks), "Are You Satisfied” (Jon Stevens), "Heart Over Mind” (Jennifer Rush), "Women In Chains” (Joe Perry), “Guilty” (Tora Tora), “Zone” (Southern Sons), "Chance Of A Lifetime" (Micky Dolenz of the Monkees), "Satisfied Man" (Molly Hatchet) and "Son Of Detroit” (Kid Rock /David Alan Coe). Other songs have been covered by James Christian, Aldo Nova, Joanna Dean, Steelhouse Lane, Paul Dean and Gary Richrath.

‘Street Rock’ will be released by MelodicRock Classics on CD & Digital March 25, with Pre-Orders and Advance Digital Audio available in February.

Track Listing:

01. Can’t Get Enough of You

02. Even The Strongest Heart

03. Still I Wanna Fall

04. You’re My Religion

05. Remnants of Yesterday (Instrumental)

06. Shotgun Wedding

07. Only The Young

08. Never Let Me Know

09. Think It Over

10. Don’t Talk About Love

Bonus Tracks:

11. Take It Like A Man

12. Satisfied Man

Edited by Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...