Blues Song of the Day.

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've always loved the "Blues" and realized that it doesn't have it's own "Song of the Day" thread.

I'm gonna try and post some of my favourites, from old school to "Blues Rock" and hope you guys do as well.

I'll start off with these three.

I was listening to these two Gary Moore albums today. These two albums are absolute time machines for me and I played the shit out of them back in the day.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/22/2021 at 9:48 AM, Doggy said:

Muddy Water Blues - Paul Rodgers

Great track and Phenomenal album.

I created a thread not too long ago with my favourites from it.

I'll re-post it here. 

Killer stuff and one of my all time favourite albums.

Paul Rodgers always had the chops. "Bad Company" is a great example of "Bluesy Hard Rock"

Their self titled single kicks arse!

On 5/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, Darkstone said:

I'm sure ANR and Whiplash will be the only ones into this. Back in 1993 Paul Rodgers released a tribute to Muddy Waters and enlisted some guitar players to perform. When I say "guitar players", that's probably an understatement.

Jeff Beck, Slash, Buddy Guy, Gary Moore, Richie Sambora, Trevor Rabin, Brian Setzer, Dave Gilmour, Steve Miller, Brian May and throw Jason Bonham into the mix. I was already a huge Blues fan and when I heard "I Just Want To Make Love To You" on the radio in '93 (yes radio!), I had to have the album. It's still one of my favourites, although the Richie Sambora track would definitely not wash today. 

Jeff Beck

Neal Schon

Richie Sambora

Slash

Steve Miller

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Mustang Sally.

This Killer track may be more Rythym and Blues than pure Blues, but it still qualifies. 

Back in '91, the movie "The Commitments" and the soundtrack were huge down here and obviously in the UK.

Not sure if it was popular elsewhere. 

Andrew Strong was only 18 or 19 when he recorded this and was touted as the next big thing. He's done fuck all since. 

It's a shame because he was tremendously talented.

His cover is a great homage, not as good as the original which is Epic, but it's close.

On a side note, there's been a huge influx of "Mustangs" on the road in Australia lately. 

Hopefully some are owned by chicks named Sally. There has to be at least one surely. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

The Jeff Healey Band - I Think I Love You Too Much.

I really love this debut album. Jeff was huge at the time. Including a memorable role in the Legendary "Roadhouse" along side Patrick Swayze. 

Unfortunately his life was cut tragically short.

A blind musical virtuoso. We don't see that too often but when we do it's special. Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Andrea Bocelli, etc. 

I know Blackie was blind in Texas at one stage, but that doesn't count. 

*He is also another example of someone who knows how to spell his name correctly. 

*:bananamac:

Edited by Darkstone

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

The Robert Cray Band.

I haven't followed his output since the "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" album in '88 (I should), but back in the day I loved these two albums.

This shit is as smooth as silk.