This is the kind of thread that gets ignored for the awful name, but I like what I hear. Who is this and how/why the massive crowds? I'll check it out. 

The only song that I found remotely interesting was the cover song, but even that really did not do much for me with the horrible effect on his voice and for some reason he sounded like he was putting on a reggae voice.

I had a quick skim through as much of their discography as I could yesterday. Seems they started around 2001 and were a pretty bland nu-metal type band until the turn of the decade. I haven't got through 'Oceanic' and 'Bury Me In Vegas' yet but both seem to sound pretty cool. I did get through 'Sacrifice To Venus' from 2014 and thought it sounded like a great album. Reminded me of Disciple's 'Scars Remain' mixed with that good Jonas & The Massive Attraction album from a few years ago. 

A few choice cuts from it;

It's made me quite excited to hear the rest of their discography now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to ANR for this thread - I've been enjoying going through this band's body of work. They're not going to be for everyone, and they're not even 100% for me, but I just dig their vibe. I think the 'Sacrifice To Venus' album is great, and their best album, but most albums have some pretty cool moments on them. 'Gone Baby Gone,' as I posted above, is my favourite song, but a few other picks from their discography;

From their 'Phoenix' album in 2009;

From their 'Oceanic' album in 2011;

Another from their 'Sacrifice To Venus' album in 2014;

And probably my favourite from 'Kill Your Demons' in 2017;

Glad you like them, bro. The story behind this thread is funny: a couple of years ago I got an Emil Bulls t-shirt and I didn't have the faintest idea who they might be. But I didn't really care either, it's a cool t-shirt, that was enough for me. :) But last month I decided to discover their music. Better late than never. 

17 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Glad you like them, bro. The story behind this thread is funny: a couple of years ago I got an Emil Bulls t-shirt and I didn't have the faintest idea who they might be. But I didn't really care either, it's a cool t-shirt, that was enough for me. :) But last month I decided to discover their music. Better late than never. 

Haha. Nice. How on earth did you get the shirt? 

It blows my mind that a hard rock/metal band can be active for about 20 years without ever really being detected by what I assume is so many. I guess they're probably not the only one, but still, pretty crazy. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Haha. Nice. How on earth did you get the shirt? 

It blows my mind that a hard rock/metal band can be active for about 20 years without ever really being detected by what I assume is so many. I guess they're probably not the only one, but still, pretty crazy. 

I found it in a secondhand shop. :) This is it btw. 

merch1.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...

Been a long time between drinks, but for anyone keeping score, they just released a new album;

Love Will Fix It

1    .    Backstabbers
2    .    The Devil Made Me Do It
3    .    Happy Birthday You Are Dead To Me
4    .    Levitate
5        Whirlwind Of Doom
6    .    The Ghosts That You Have Called
7    .    Love Will Fix It
8    .    Sick
9    .    She Ain't Coming Home No More
10    .    Dreams And Debris
11    .    Oceans Of Grief
12    .    Together

Very nice album. I believe their last studio album of originals was in 2017, with 'Mixtape' from 2019 being a pretty solid album of covers. So I'm not sure if they broke up, or if they just got covid'd. I'm not sure and the wikipedia page seems to have stopped updating many years ago. 

Either way, new album is very well worth checking out. I mean this in a complimentary way as I think Nickelback are a solid band that cop rubbish from folk who don't actually listen to their craft and really know what they offer... but Emil Bulls kind of - not fully - but kind of come across as a German version of a band like Nickelback to me. A few sappy ballads, some very cool harder modern rock... I just dig it, and I think this is a good album. 

Some of my highlights;

lol, pretty amusing video for a blatant pop hit attempt (don't know if there's actual truth to the break-up part of this video, which I suggested above);

Good band. Do yourself a favour and check them out.