Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • I've just revisited the original and as worthy as the above cover is, the original is perfection.     
    • HOLY FUCKING FUCK OF A FUCK!!! One of my favourite songs ever! How did I not know of this KILLER cover!?  I'm not familiar with the album either, I'll have to check it out.    
    • Yeah I'm not completely sold on Brand either. He is very intelligent, switched on and an excellent speaker, but I don't connect as much with him as I do others. Watch him every now and then but not subscribed as I'm not overly interested in a lot of his videos. 
    • Russell Brand goes on a bit too much about spirituality most of the time for me, and he is very slow to get to the point, compared to someone like, say the awesome Jordan Peterson. I remember when I first saw the Sarah Silverman was dong video blogs, because I thought she was pretty great and funny. And then I saw some, and now I hate her. I hate pretty much everything she says, and I even find it hard watching her movies lol
    • Randy Piper's Animal - Judgement Day. Killer track unfortunately not on youtube.  The start of the chorus says it all.   "I'm here to tell you I'm watching you, I'm watching everything you do, GOD knows, 'cause he asked me to".   Job gets it.
    • haha, just what this place has been missing. A religious thread. I don't believe in any higher power, just like I don't believe in ghosts or aliens. Show me one and I will believe, until then.... As far as mainstream religions go, they are all equally silly to me. Defining a 'god' or 'gods' and creating images on them, and worshipping them? Really? Just because you don't know? Christianity is ridiculed in Australia, because like it or not we are a Christian society. Want proof? attend parliament, and they say the lord's prayer before every sitting. Having travelled extensively around the world, I will say that Catholicism is the worst of them all. Money hungry, money grabbing religion that it. Asian religions and much more realistic. Anyway here's the thing. I DON'T KNOW I don't know how we got here. I know how we evolved. But I don't know where our consciousness came from, and I don't know where it goes, if anywhere. And I don't care, because I can't change it anyway. For me life is more about being a good person, doing right by others and living a happy life. I've said for years, the secret to life is in two parts. Stay healthy and he happy. That's it. Worship whomever you like. Doesn't affect me. You guys create some great temples and churches and I enjoy visiting them. Interestingly, even 10 or 15 years ago, not many dared to come out and admit they had no faith. These days, this is common, but rare for people to come out and say they are Christian, or whatever. Jesus was real. His life is fairly well documented. Was he the son of a god? lol If anything he was a magician of sorts. Probably a decent bloke though. Scariest thing I've seen recently was the NY mayor talking about covid and how god has chosen it and people should get immunised to serve god or whatever. Damn, I would HATE to live in a bible belt of the US. Hell, people in my country don't ever really get a flag out except for one day a year that everyone hates because it's now all about invasion etc. I've been through the US and was amazed at the amount of flags on front lawns, letterboxes, and everywhen. You guys care about your country far more than us
    • There is 2 pages discussing this band on Heavy Metal section
    • In an exclusive 10-page cover feature with Jon Hotten for issue #29 of Rock Candy Mag, Boston guitarist and songwriter Tom Scholz explains the making of the first Boston album in forensic detail and reveals that its incredible success came with a heavy price. “I was always an outsider,” Scholz tells Hotten. “I wasn’t part of a scene, not part of the crowd that recorded or played in LA or New York. I wasn’t part of the drug culture; I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t at the parties. I didn’t do any of those things. I was like this enigma that came out of no place and it really p*ssed people off. There were a lot of people, and there still are today, who just totally resent me and Boston music. They will never understand what went into that music or what was behind it, or, once it became successful, what I intended to do with it. That part was not pleasant.” Released in August of 1976, Boston quickly became the best-selling debut album in the US at the time and has now shifted over 20 million copies. And lead track "More Than A Feeing" has come to define the AOR rock sound. But Scholz, who was the undoubted creative force behind the music, had no idea that his album would be such a success. He’d struggled with those Boston songs for years, building his own home recording studio in the basement of his house, trying to get them to sound exactly as he wanted them to. “I was going to send demos out,” he says. “And assuming I got nothing but rejections, which is what I thought would happen, I was going to dismantle all of the equipment, sell everything off, and recover what little I could from the money I’d spent.”   Even when Boston finally landed a major deal with Epic, the label wanted Scholz to re-record his precious demos in LA for the album proper. “I said, ‘It can’t be done. I cannot do it without the equipment I used to record everything we’ve done so far.’ It would have taken another 10 years rather than another six months. All of the equipment would have had to be modified.” Fortunately for everyone concerned it was decided that the original demos would be mixed in LA for commercial release… and the rest is rock history.
    • Never been a fan of the band but I like this song and if the rest of the release is anywhere as good you can count me in....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.