Living Loud

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's an interesting one from 2004 that I was completely unaware of, which is surprising because Jimmy Barnes usually shamelessly promotes himself or projects he's involved with to death down here. The band features Bob Daisley and Steve Morse and includes six Ozzy covers! From what I can gather it was a bit of a fuck you to Ozzy by Bob and drummer Lee Kerslake who had legal issues with him. It's a great album and I have to say that I like Jimmy's versions. He does a great job.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

It sounds like if Creedence Clearwater Revival covered Ozzy. :D

Yeah, you're right mate. I've never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it, John Fogerty and Jimmy Barnes do sound similar. 

On 6/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, Darkstone said:

Here's an interesting one from 2004 that I was completely unaware of, which is surprising because Jimmy Barnes usually shamelessly promotes himself or projects he's involved with to death down here. The band features Bob Daisley and Steve Morse and includes six Ozzy covers! From what I can gather it was a bit of a fuck you to Ozzy by Bob and drummer Lee Kerslake who had legal issues with him. It's a great album and I have to say that I like Jimmy's versions. He does a great job.

Actually i remember this one being promoted all over tv!