Rick Ducommun Dead @ 62 RIP

martinsane

We lost a very funny comedian/actor on June 12th 2015. Barely a blip on most of the populaces radar, but Rick was in my favorite movie of all time The Burbs' and his stand up prior was really damn funny.

RIP Art may your fridge be stocked full of knockwurst and cold beer...

1434654924_rick-ducommun-zoom.jpg

Rick Ducommun, an actor and comedian known for his roles in movies like “Spaceballs,” “Groundhog Day” and “The ’Burbs,” died on June 12 in Vancouver, British Columbia. He was 62.

The cause was complications of diabetes, his family said.

Mr. Ducommun rose to prominence in the 1980s as a comedian, writer and actor, initially starring in the children’s TV series “Zig Zag,” followed by roles in the television shows “Slickers,” “Amazing Stories,” “Rock ‘N’ America” and “The Last Precinct,” a short-lived NBC program.

Mr. Ducommun also played small parts in films, beginning with “No Small Affair.” After dropping more than 200 pounds, he landed the role of Art Weingartner, the nosy neighbor to Tom Hanks in “The ’Burbs.” He also appeared in “Little Monsters,” “Die Hard,” “The Hunt for Red October,” “The Experts,” “The Last Boy Scout,” “Encino Man,” “Last Action Hero,” and “Scary Movie.”

Richard Ducommun was born on July 3, 1952, in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.

Survivors include four children, two brothers, a sister, and his father.

The Burbs is a great film which i've not seen in years! RIP Rick :(

You need a revisit and do some poking about as there is supposedly an extended version of the dvd, blu ray I beleive, that is only available in Europe with tons of goodies. Wish I could run PAL as the Burbs is my favorite film.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=344

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'll pick that up when i go on a buying BluRay spree again (it's Motorsport season so not many films get watched until the racing has finished for the year)

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'll pick that up when i go on a buying BluRay spree again (it's Motorsport season so not many films get watched until the racing has finished for the year)

I am quite curious in this portion of the Blu Ray set:

The original Workprint cut of the film transferred from Director Joe Dante’s personal copy, on home video for the very first time - includes deleted and alternate scenes!