Bruce Crump RIP

Jez

More sad news with the announcement of Ex Molly Hatchet and China Sky drummer Bruce Crump's passing at 57 years old. Way way too young. Sleep well Bruce

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce the passing of our brother, Bruce Crump.

This sudden tragedy is like a kick to the gut. We could not have lost a more truly decent human being than Bruce. Our hearts go out to his wife Kristen, his mom, children, and family.

Not only was Bruce a genuinely nice person, but his talent was even bigger than his heart. When he agreed to join us in China Sky, we were humbled that THE Bruce Crump deemed us worthy of his time and talent..., and boy, were we ever better off for it. We could not be more proud of the work he did on "China Sky II" and we are forever grateful to him.

I think we can all take just a bit of solace in the fact that he left us with so much of his talent on record over his 35 plus year career. I know his rock solid grooves, and the music he helped create, will be gracing many turntables, tape machines, ipods, smartphones, and whatever technology music comes out of tonight, tomorrow, and for many years to come.

Peace, Bruce, and thank you for being you. We will miss the hell out of you...

Yeah this is fucked up, I was just watching a clinic he did in the 80's in L.A., that makes this even more ironic, and eerie, what a complete mind fuck, like I mean, yesterday, or day before, I watched it, then I get on here and see this, thats some serious head shit, RIP Bruce