• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• These guys are one of those mystery bands to me. I think they're fine, just can't figure out why people fall over themselves for them as I think they're average to below average in the overall scheme of things. BUT, that is why I am a strong advocate for to eaching their owning. I'm glad people dig, I just don't really understand why. Anyway, new album is basically what these guys do. Solid, eclectic and half decent... but not great. I did think 'Beat of Your Heart' was a nice ballad. Drum sound interesting too. Took me genuinely 6-7 songs to figure out what I thought of it - if I liked it or not. I think I settled on the fact it's cool. I think. Anyway, I assume fans will adore this for whatever reasons they loved the other ones. Me, I think it's adequate, again. 
    • I'm not in the camp enough to say this is utter shit because honestly, it's not. It is capable melodic hard rock and if I put myself in the honest box, if nothing else was considered and this came along in a year like 1996 or something, it'd be a well appreciated album. BUT, all things considered, I agree that it's a pass. It's all capable, but it's very bland and it's just impossible to listen to this project without wondering why it's still called Sunstorm without JLT. It doesn't make sense.  Anyway, I thought 'Hold The Night' was a passable keeper but the rest is predictable, uninspired and bored. 
    • lol, I wonder who he thinks that is going to appeal to? 
    • I'd be amazed if there's any Tesla fans anywhere that don't like 'Bust a nut.' Is this really considered one of their weaker albums? 
    • Ok. I can understand your thinking regarding one`s favorite bands. In my case it was  Bon Jovi. First album I ever bought was Slippery, liked NEw Jersey even better. Saw them live few times, but after 1995 only some good songs on each album but still bought albums,  since Richie left I cant stand their latest albums or even live. So from that scenario I see that I am not just following my favorite bands regardles what they put out.     But in Tesla case I do stlll enjoy their releases, even those post 2010. A admit that Shock had some filler but also some of their best songs post 2000 like The Mission.   I do miss the heavier  element that Tommy brought. songs like  Dont de-rock me, Action talks.
    • Blondie on the right of the second shot is PERFECTION! 
    • In rough order.....   Dangerous Toys – Pissed Michael Sweet – Michael Sweet Motley Crue – Motley Crue Great White – Sail Away Gun – Swagger LA Guns – Vicious Circle Jackyl – Push Comes To Shove Cinderella – Still Climbing Electric Boys – Freewheelin’ Enuff Z Nuff - Seven Gilby Clarke – Pawnshop Guitars Juno Roxas – Far From Here Kiss – Kiss My Ass Alice Cooper – The Last Temptation Manic Eden – Manic Eden Big Bang Babies – Black Market Tuff – Fist First Freak Of Nature – Gathering Of The Freaks Sass Jordan – Rats Trixter – Undercovers The Heavy’s – Metal Marathon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.