Kick - Memoirs

Stefan

Kick are back.

From Escape Music website:

"KICK from the United Kingdom have released their brand new explosive album, 'Memoirs' on iTunes. Here we have 11 songs (+3 bonus), all of which were written and produced by principle songwriter, Mikey Jones. The songs are true to the tradition of KICK and each carries the hallmark of British the power-melody combination. Mikey told us, 'This is an interesting bunch of songs - I worked harder on the sound and I'm happy that they are out there for public consumption. Check out Thrill Seeking Junkie, and Urban Refugee for starters - this album truly rocks!

KICK's last album, 'New Horizon' was released in 2004 and their tours with Thunder and Magnum brought them much acclaim as a live band. Mikey's first solo album, 'The Light Of Day', released in 2006, has been re-mixed and mastered too. Mikey told us, 'I got great reviews for that album, but the main criticism was that the vocals were too low in the mix - all rectified now!'

Mikey and his brother, Chris, KICK and various other projects they have worked on during the past two decades are also up for grabs on iTunes - a veritable body of work that features all of the XL tracks from the 1992 sessions, Freefall, WildKard and even the original demos of the KICK albums, including acoustic sets."

cover.jpg

Catalogue No: GEM2013020
Barcode: 5060209010267
Release Date: 20th September 2013

Track Listing:

1. Doesn't Take Much
2. Thrill Seeking Junkie
3. Radio
4. Come Back
5. Urban Refugee
6. Round & Round
7. Words Of Advice
8. Highway To The Sun
9. The Futures Ours
10. Never Lost That Feeling
11. Nothing More To Say
12. The Miracle (Bonus Track)
13. Devoted (Bonus Track)
14. From This Day On (Bonus Track)

Totally different band without Nick Workman involved, To be honest, sounds nothing at all like any previous Kick CD, but it is good. S few great tracks on here. I like it after a listen or two so far.