Cd Called Outshine - Addiction

Leykis101

I was given a copy of this the other day by a guy I know, I really dont usually even listen to shit this guy even gives me for free, but I was in a happy mood, and figured what the fuck, I threw it in, ripped it to my computer, then began listening, as I was dicking around on the internet, kind of just let it go in the background, nothing standing out, then as im playing xbox 360 I started winamp up, and it started playing, well this was the only disc loaded into winamp, so i just let it play, and I found still no stand out or catchy songs, but I also was hearing NOTHING!! that made me get up and flip to the next song, which if you knew how extremely rare that was in my listening habits you would understand the extent of that comment, now a week later, I am dicking around on the internet, and I am playing it in the background, still nothing standsout, nothing catchy, just an album with some pretty fucking killer hard rock\heavy metal music, and ive come to the conclusion, it is just good fucking metal music, and is catching me on the shear fact that while not having any single song or songs that stand out above the rest of the album, it's gotten me, on being steady, 100 percent consistent, in what it is, and there is not one single bad song on the disc, so here i am, telling you guys about it, what do you say to someone when you cant tell them, "hey this fucker is great, full of catchy hooks" no I know nothing about this band, havent even looked it up on the net yet, i dont know a soul whos heard this disc, and I am trying to explain that you guys should at least check this band out and see what you think, it is if anything, solid, and like i said, extremely consistent, maybe you guys can tell me what you think, I think ive really started to fancy it myself, i know some of you might think it's bullocks, but i bloody think your a wanker if you don't like it, check it out mates.

Ok Here then, not one of their better songs, but like all the cd, they don't really have any best or worst, so heres pretty much their sound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USb0ZZo-Hk8

Thanks for the heads up! Your description is spot on. Just good solid hard rock. I know they are from Sweden, but I believe they have toured the States.

Here is an older video from 2009.

Sorry Guys, after seeing that old video, I fucking really really like these guys, something about them just set's them way off to the side from all the other shit thats out there, I don't know if it's the way the singer looks like the singer for Sponge, but has almost a Billy Idol look to his face when he sings, or the fact that they do a very different but simple form of hard rock, it almost rings The Cult when I hear it, musically that is, although i am hard pressed to compare them to ANYONE!! they simply do not sound like anyone, I think I really like them, and if they have came through Salt Lake and i fucking missed them, i am going to be very unhappy, something about the music they play and the way they play it tells me, it's so extremely raw, unpolished, and almost low budget, i have to believe this band kicks fucking ass in a live set, their music is as is, meaning playing it live, might even give a whole new thunder to it, I am so fucking happy this douche bag gave me this cd, I guess i'll be nice to him for one day this week?? but that is a chore in itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Blabbermouth reports that Outshine just kicked out their singer, so I guess bad time to start liking this band, being their singer is one of the highlights of this band!