Outside Edge

eaglesfan3000

I've had both Outside Edge CD's for a couple of months now and I can't stop playing them. For an AOR band they have a real edge to them, more like Canadian AOR than English IMO. What do you guys think is this the most under rated band ever?

My fave's are Running Hot, Heaven Tonight, Flesh And Blood, and Heartbeat Away.

Could not be a huger fan here. Usually a band with those kind of keys would send me running, but their songs are just amazing. Love both those CDs immensely.

I heard some demos which were quite patchy to be honest, but nothing wrong with those two albums. :)

Great band. Love the song "Not Made of Glass" among many others. Wish both cds would get a Rock Candy style reissue.

Yes I agree, the Virgin pressing sounds really good, but they are very, very hard to find.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Stephen Hawking said this: “I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers. That is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
    • World races to contain new COVID threat, the omicron variant By RAF CASERT and CALVIN WOODWARD Associated Press   NOVEMBER 26, 2021 — 8:00PM   JEROME DELAY, ASSOCIATED PRESS   People lined up Friday to get on an Air France flight to Paris at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, as a slew of nations moved to stop air travel from southern Africa.   TEXT SIZE           EMAIL   PRINT MORE BRUSSELS — Nearly two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, the world raced Friday to contain a new coronavirus variant potentially more dangerous than the one that has fueled relentless waves of infection on nearly every continent. A World Health Organization panel named the variant "omicron" and classified it as a highly transmissible virus of concern, the same category that includes the predominant delta variant, which is still a scourge driving higher cases of sickness and death in Europe and parts of the United States. "It seems to spread rapidly," U.S. President Joe Biden said of the new variant, only a day after celebrating the resumption of Thanksgiving gatherings for millions of American families and the sense that normal life was coming back at least for the vaccinated. In announcing new travel restrictions, he told reporters, "I've decided that we're going to be cautious." Omicron's actual risks are not understood. But early evidence suggests it carries an increased risk of reinfection compared with other highly transmissible variants, the WHO said. That means people who contracted COVID-19 and recovered could be subject to catching it again. It could take weeks to know if current vaccines are less effective against it. In response to the variant's discovery in southern Africa, the United States, Canada, Russia and a host of other countries joined the European Union in restricting travel for visitors from that region, where the variant brought on a fresh surge of infections. The White House said the U.S. will restrict travel from South Africa and seven other countries in the region beginning Monday. Biden issued a declaration later Friday making the travel prohibition official, with exceptions for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and for several other categories, including spouses and other close family. Medical experts, including the WHO, warned against any overreaction before the variant was thoroughly studied. But a jittery world feared the worst after the tenacious virus triggered a pandemic that has killed more than 5 million people around the globe.
    • But..... but...... but..... he's not leftist. He doesn't slobber on Biden's wrinkled nutsack.......
    • omicron..... sounds like a failed metal band. LOL
    • 100% spot on. There is no heaven and hell, and nobody comes back to haunt you. That's plain rubbish. And why December 25th? The supposed deity was born in spring?
    • God they must be desperate. Notice they didn't say write a new song, prob cos all their latest songs have been rubbish. I'd be interested to hear one though to see if they can still write something mildly amusing 🤔  
    • Hold on soldier, I'm hoping that wasn't aimed at me. I don't think I was putting anyone down, and as far as I know, I'm not an atheist either. I don't actually know. I can't stand all this label rubbish and don't have a label for my thoughts on this stuff. Yes, I believe you are born, you live and you die and that's the end of it. But they're just my thoughts.  Anyway, why are we talking about Christmas now anyway? Still almost 30 days to go... 
    • Agree, love that Irish girl type look. Tans are overrated!
    • Only humans were created in the image of God, and most consider that to mean possession of an eternal soul. However, the animals were put on the earth for humans to have dominion and use plus care for them. As for Heaven, we can't know what it will be like, but in my mind it would not be heaven if there were not dogs for me to hang out with, so I expect that yes there will be animals, otherwise how is it heaven for an animal lover? This view of heaven being in the clouds, wearing robes and playing harps is mostly an atheist's invention to mock what they can't comprehend. To try and explain heaven to an atheist is like trying to describe the sky to someone who has had their face buried in mud their entire lives. It's a rather fruitless and usually thankless task. I know atheists have their pile of dirt and nothingness to look forward to (lol). Yes, I am aware that atheists have invented this concept of "ascention" through genetic evolution or artificial immortality as a replacement of heaven in your religion, but I'm not sure how atheists rationalise an incorporeal existence in their concept of pointless nothingness. It doesn't bother me either what you atheists believe, I just wish you weren't so arrogant about your nihilistic mindset and cease with the put downs of those who don't share your belief set. And merry Christmas my pagan friends! I genuinely mean that.
    • Haha. Been decades since I had any discussions like this on the forum and I definitely do not want to revisit, but as my mind is always ticking over I was actually thinking about stuff the other day. So if we (humans) get a fancy afterlife kickin' it with Jesus and God n' stuff, do animals? When an ant dies, does the ant experience Heaven? Does a dog, or a cat? An elephant? Do all beings experience Heaven (or hell too, I guess, if they didn't follow the gospel?). Or do only humans experience Heaven, and if so, why do animals have a pointless existence but there simply must be something more to a human's life other than being born, living and dying?  Genuinely curious, compadre. I used to have many discussions with Mark (metalmaniac777) back in the day and we're still best buds and we even made love a few times. I'm sure he doesn't mind me disclosing that. So seriously not having a dig, but I live to learn. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.