King Kobra - Ready To Strike (2008 Caroline Records remaster)

Deuce

Did anyone else notice the problems with Caroline Records' 2008 remaster of King Kobra's Ready To Strike? There's some bad tape warbling in a number of spots, most noticeably on the songs "Shadow Rider" and "Piece Of The Rock." This hasn't been a problem on previous issues of this CD, so either the tapes were damaged in recent years or Caroline Records messed something up. I was really shocked and disappointed by this. These seemed like cool, official releases with a decent amount of attention given to both the packaging and the sound. The sticker on the front even proudly boasts, "Lovingly Remastered." Unfortunately, the problems actually make this the worst version of this CD. I had even purchased a second copy to give to my friend, because I know that he's going to love this album, but I definitely can't give it to him now, because this is no way to hear this album for the first time.

So, did anyone else notice this? I suppose that it's POSSIBLE that I have a faulty CD, but these problems are definitely tape-oriented, not digital, so I don't see how it could only be on my copy. Also, has anyone noticed problems with any other Caroline Records releases? They also did King Kobra's second album, Thrill Of A Lifetime, and multiple titles by Hurricane and Thunder, as well as a number of other rock and non-rock artists.