Swedmetal ...no more

glam_junkie

According to their myspace Swedmetal is dead, blaming their demise on downloading.

Although...

It might have a bit to do with treating customers like crap, as well as some of the bands they signed.

I originally brought lots from them, but then gave up buying from them after they short changed me on an order, and then never answered emails or even tried to recify it.

Oh well, something that started so well ending up like this.

I never bought straight from them but I know once when I had ordered some stuff from Impulsemusic when I'd talk to the owner on the phone there was multiple times that he'd be waiting on shipments from swedmetal. Not sure if that was a problem they always had or not getting shipments to the US.

I placed one order with them, a guy named Mike, and he always answered my emails before the order. There was nothing wrong with my order, arrived in good time, etc. so I didn't have to deal with them for any problems.

I emailed them this summer about obtaining a CD that was not on their site and Mike replied they "don't plan to get it". The first order he told me if I ever needed help finding anything out of Europe, etc. to let him know. So, I dunno...he responded, but not much help the second time.

I guess if they were starting to treat people like crap then it was bound to happen. I cannot call my limited dealings with them bad though. Oh well.

I placed one order with them, a guy named Mike, and he always answered my emails before the order. There was nothing wrong with my order, arrived in good time, etc. so I didn't have to deal with them for any problems.

I emailed them this summer about obtaining a CD that was not on their site and Mike replied they "don't plan to get it". The first order he told me if I ever needed help finding anything out of Europe, etc. to let him know. So, I dunno...he responded, but not much help the second time.

I guess if they were starting to treat people like crap then it was bound to happen. I cannot call my limited dealings with them bad though. Oh well.

yeah, my first 3-4 order were flawless, and then all of a sudden things went down hill. CDs missing from the order, wrong cds sent, no replies to emails. I asked one of the bands about their swedmetal cd and they had given up dealing with them by that stage and sent me the cd themselves.