24 - Series Finale

heaven&hell

For a season finale the final scene was a let down but overall the episode was killer. I guess knowing that their working on a 24 the Movie should make things better and made it were they couldn't kill Jack off or anything. I have hoped for years that Chase(James Badge Dale) would come back somehow but not sure if that'll happen or not. It's to bad they've killed off so many major charaters that it will make it hard to bring someone back from the old days. I guess Wayne Palmer is still alive or they could bring Michelle Dessler back from the dead. I can't remember if they ever killed off Nina Myers or not either. It's just to bad they couldn't of been given one more final season where they knew was the final and they could of pulled out all the stops. Bringing Gregory Itzin(President Logan) back for this season was a stroke of genius IMO. He has to be up there as one of the most hated people in the 24 history.

I watched the episode last night at 10. (I watched the Chuck season finale first.)

I really enjoyed it. I, honestly, thought the ending was great. (Other than the fact that Jack is, yet again, on the run, just like at the end of season 4, I believe it was. After all he's been through, to finally be able to enjoy his daughter and granddaughter would have been nice. Although, I guess they reasoned it might be difficult to pull him away from that for the movie. Plus, it just wasn't with keeping with how Jack's life has gone.) By the fact that Jack admitted to Chloe that she was his rock and watching Chloe break down, that last scene was super intense. (It was rough holding back the tears.)

Sad that Logan took the cheap way out. (And then ends up still possibly surviving; could he be a possible foil for Jack in the movie?) After all the bloodshed Jack caused the last few episodes, I guess they figured that they needed to bring him down from the rogue agent deal. (Although, if he was going to have to go on the run anyway, a few more killings wouldn't have hurt. haha) Jack going all Mike Tyson on Pillar was fantastic! And in the end, Pillar going to bat for Jack, telling Logan to call off the hit (presumably because Jack let him off the hook after he begged for his life because he had a little girl at home). This hit pretty much all the way around.

While 24 had some weak moments over the years (even the beginning of this season with the whole "Jenny from the sticks" plot), it ended up being an integral part of the American television over the past decade. I will sorely miss it. I hope they do it justice with any impending movies.

I watched the episode last night at 10. (I watched the Chuck season finale first.)

I really enjoyed it. I, honestly, thought the ending was great. (Other than the fact that Jack is, yet again, on the run, just like at the end of season 4, I believe it was. After all he's been through, to finally be able to enjoy his daughter and granddaughter would have been nice. Although, I guess they reasoned it might be difficult to pull him away from that for the movie. Plus, it just wasn't with keeping with how Jack's life has gone.) By the fact that Jack admitted to Chloe that she was his rock and watching Chloe break down, that last scene was super intense. (It was rough holding back the tears.)

Sad that Logan took the cheap way out. (And then ends up still possibly surviving; could he be a possible foil for Jack in the movie?) After all the bloodshed Jack caused the last few episodes, I guess they figured that they needed to bring him down from the rogue agent deal. (Although, if he was going to have to go on the run anyway, a few more killings wouldn't have hurt. haha) Jack going all Mike Tyson on Pillar was fantastic! And in the end, Pillar going to bat for Jack, telling Logan to call off the hit (presumably because Jack let him off the hook after he begged for his life because he had a little girl at home). This hit pretty much all the way around.

While 24 had some weak moments over the years (even the beginning of this season with the whole "Jenny from the sticks" plot), it ended up being an integral part of the American television over the past decade. I will sorely miss it. I hope they do it justice with any impending movies.

I guess I mispoke the final scene between Chloe and Jack was very very good but the let down for me was him leaving and being on the run and it was final enough I guess. But hopefully their able to do some great things with a movie and maybe movies. It could almost be like a whole new Bourne Identity type movies with a rouge agent. I will miss the show dearly as well. I didn't get into until before season 6 but was given season 1 for Christmas that year and loved it so much had to go buy seasons 2-5 to catch up. A damn great show and it won't be the same without this on the air.