VOLBEAT

jason (FA-Q)

Hello everyone!

I haven't been to this forum in years, but I am stopping by to introduce you to one of my favorite new bands, VolBeat. They are from Denmark... They have 3 albums out and are touring with Metallica at the moment. I flew down to Atlanta, GA last summer ('09) to see them play live. It was and awesome show. They opened for Nightwish, who I didn't really care for.

Here is a link so you can check out some of their tunes! I hope you lik'em? ENJOY!

Pretty slammin cover of "I Only Wanna Be With You". Nice find, Jason. :headbanger:

OMG! Dude, long time, no see. How've you been man? Things sure have changed around the ol' HH place since you've last been here.

I've always dug the song "I Only Wanna Be With You". They did a good cover. Still Counting was nothing like I was expecting after how they rocked up IOWBWY. (And then it really kicked in and I was like "THAT'S more along the lines of what I was expecting.") Same thing with "Sad Man's Tongue". It really ends up losing any semblance to anything Southern as the song progresses. Both parts were good, though. They like screwing with people on the intros to their songs, don't they? haha

They seem like a really cool band. How'd you find them?

Glad to see you back Jason. Some of us older folks have missed some of the old blood that doesn't come around anymore.

OMG! Dude, long time, no see. How've you been man? Things sure have changed around the ol' HH place since you've last been here.

I've always dug the song "I Only Wanna Be With You". They did a good cover. Still Counting was nothing like I was expecting after how they rocked up IOWBWY. (And then it really kicked in and I was like "THAT'S more along the lines of what I was expecting.") Same thing with "Sad Man's Tongue". It really ends up losing any semblance to anything Southern as the song progresses. Both parts were good, though. They like screwing with people on the intros to their songs, don't they? haha

Glad to see you back Jason. Some of us older folks have missed some of the old blood that doesn't come around anymore.

Totally agree!! Welcome back!!

Totally agree!! Welcome back!!

Thank guys! It has been a long time...

I found out about Volbeat on Blabbermouth.net. They had a video for 'Sad Man's Tongue' posted on there, so I just clicked on the link and fell in love with the song. I downloaded more of their tunes and was blown away. Now I have all three of their albums and even took a trip to Atlanta, GA to see them live.