GOTHIC SLAM

LV KIX

Out of the blue today a song called "Who Died And Made You God" came into my head.. no idea why. I remember the band was Gothic Slam. I'm pretty sure the song was on a release called "A Face In The Crowd"... or something close to that.

I have 3 questions...

1.) Anyone else here remember Gothic Slam..?

2.) Anyone have the release that "Who Died And Made You God" is on...?

3.) Anyone know if they released more then one CD...?

I'm pretty sure this song was around 1988 or 1989.

I remember'em, vaguely....they were Jersey based I believe...

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=8448

Looks like they released two albums ... KILLER INSTINCT (1988) and JUST A FACE IN THE CROWD (1989)

Other than "Who Died & Made You God?" I don't believe I ever heard much of their stuff.

Keef is right!

They were a jersey band that signed to Torrid Records (EXODUS, HADES, MUCKY PUP) . I don't think KILLER INSTINCT ever seen c.d. release.

I don't know if METAL MIND records reissued any of their catalog.

I do have FACE IN THE CROWD on c.d.

I guess I'll try and track down their releases. I have no idea what brought that tune into my head yesterday. Years and years ago one of my friends had the cassette of "Just A Face In The Crowd". Don't remember much about the other songs but I do remember "Who Died..."

I remember seeing them in maybe 1989 with Laaz Rockit. I remember they had a ton of energy live on stage.

I can make you a copy, just pm me your address.

My friend's band was supposed to open for them in an old club called MURPHEY'S LAW in long branch, but they cancelled.. :crying:

Their first album starts off with a song called SKANKIN'. It begins with a ska intro and then the singer says FUCK THIS!!! and the music starts Good shit!! :banger:

I can make you a copy, just pm me your address.

My friend's band was supposed to open for them in an old club called MURPHEY'S LAW in long branch, but they cancelled.. :crying:

Their first album starts off with a song called SKANKIN'. It begins with a ska intro and then the singer says FUCK THIS!!! and the music starts Good shit!! :banger:

I'd love a copy of the Gothic Slam release. Thanks for the offer... PM sent.

I found the Gothic Slam myspace page and it has "Shankin'" tune on it. Strangely enough it has five songs on the site and not one of them is "Who Died And Made You God".

This most likely isn't most people's cup of tea... But here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/gothicslamnj

I guess I'll try and track down their releases. I have no idea what brought that tune into my head yesterday. Years and years ago one of my friends had the cassette of "Just A Face In The Crowd". Don't remember much about the other songs but I do remember "Who Died..."

I remember seeing them in maybe 1989 with Laaz Rockit. I remember they had a ton of energy live on stage.

I also saw this show & it kicked ass! I only have "JAFITC" on vinyl...

• 2 weeks later...