RATT - May 14

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another Heavy Harmonies entry is the opening act for RATT this Friday:

Knight Crawler

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=1116

http://www.myspace.com/knightcrawlerusa

Starting out as a Deep Purple tribute band in the early to late 90's, our band has emerged as one of the best bands from Minneapolis, MN. Listen to one of our songs above, and you will see, or hear!

Just saw Ratt this past Friday night at Jaxx in Springfield, Virginia. Not a bad show but I was a little disappointed. The band just didn't seem tight... a rather sloppy set.

I hope they get the bugs worked out by this Friday. I saw them around 8-10 years ago at an outdoor festival and they were energetic and seemed to be having a good time. I can't recall how they actually sounded though. :lol:

Do you happen to remember what songs they played off Infestation? (aside from Eat Me Up Alive and Best Of Me)

Did a band of any mention open up for them?

Well, last nights show in Medina, MN gets a thumbs up for slightly more than the first half, then a thumbs down for the second half and surely the ending.

They started with You're In Love, Lay It Down and Lack Of Communication. It was great, the crowd was loud singing along the chorus of Lay It Down and LoC. At the ticket booth they said it was a sell out but I have no idea how many that place could hold. A few songs later Eat Me Up Alive kicked ass and then my favorite tune to see RATT play live, Lovin' You's A Dirty Job. It is a fun song live not only for the sing along but I've seen RATT a few times now and though Robbie Crane is always energetic and animated, this song he seems to take to another level...good stuff.

Then, just over half of the way through they played Way Cool Jr. and things seemed to take a shit from there. It sounded like mostly noise and they seem uninterested in being there anymore. Best Of Me didn't sound that great near the end and then Pearcy says something like, "Well, let's just get staight on with it and go Round N Round". They played it, said goodnight and that was it. No encore.

From what I remember off Infestation, they played:

Take A Big Bite

Eat Me Up Alive

Last Call

Best Of Me

A Little Too Much

I wished they would have played Lost Weekend as that is my favorite along with Eat Me Up Alive.

Some songs I wish they didn't play at all as they are just not good as live songs IMO, like Wanted Man, Slip Of The Lip and Way Cool Jr. Good songs, but boring live.

Well, last nights show in Medina, MN gets a thumbs up for slightly more than the first half, then a thumbs down for the second half and surely the ending.

They started with You're In Love, Lay It Down and Lack Of Communication. It was great, the crowd was loud singing along the chorus of Lay It Down and LoC. At the ticket booth they said it was a sell out but I have no idea how many that place could hold. A few songs later Eat Me Up Alive kicked ass and then my favorite tune to see RATT play live, Lovin' You's A Dirty Job. It is a fun song live not only for the sing along but I've seen RATT a few times now and though Robbie Crane is always energetic and animated, this song he seems to take to another level...good stuff.

Then, just over half of the way through they played Way Cool Jr. and things seemed to take a shit from there. It sounded like mostly noise and they seem uninterested in being there anymore. Best Of Me didn't sound that great near the end and then Pearcy says something like, "Well, let's just get staight on with it and go Round N Round". They played it, said goodnight and that was it. No encore.

From what I remember off Infestation, they played:

Take A Big Bite

Eat Me Up Alive

Last Call

Best Of Me

A Little Too Much

I wished they would have played Lost Weekend as that is my favorite along with Eat Me Up Alive.

Some songs I wish they didn't play at all as they are just not good as live songs IMO, like Wanted Man, Slip Of The Lip and Way Cool Jr. Good songs, but boring live.

Well that sucks. I've seen them twice with Pearcy and once with Pearl and all three times they were very good to great.