Bad Company - Stories Told and Untold

66 mustang

so after the Company Of Strangers cd came this pile, I mean album. they go from great to "what is this about" way too many covers for a band of this talent to be doing and it was a strange mix of covers at that. don't get me wrong, there are a few good songs here but I guess the expectations were pretty high.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=96&CDName=Stories+Told+and+Untold

so after the Company Of Strangers cd came this pile, I mean album. they go from great to "what is this about" way too many covers for a band of this talent to be doing and it was a strange mix of covers at that. don't get me wrong, there are a few good songs here but I guess the expectations were pretty high.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=96&CDName=Stories+Told+and+Untold

Yeah, just hearing the samples, the covers don't impress me one little bit {Simply :wtf: did they do that for :unsure: } but it's the other material I desperately want !!!

• 5 weeks later...

Okay,I've gotta' say the "Untold" material on this I love and was actually very surprised how good it really is.....Shit Robert Hart is bloody good :bowdown:

Now the "Told" material and I went into this with the blinkers off and an open mind and a couple of them very much suprised me considering two of them are my two favorite :bowdown: Bad Company songs:

Oh Atlanta is actually pretty good.

Ready For Love is listenable but nothing more.

Can't Get Enough....For the love of God....What were they thinking :lame:

Silver Blue And Gold is also pretty good.

Shooting Star...Liked the "crunchy guitar sound" halfway through the song but otherwise this is a song that should just be left alone. It boarders on sacrilege tampering in any way with this song.

Simple Man is probably my second favourite :bowdown: Bad Company song and this version I also love....Very Impressed with this one.

Weep No More....Again listenable but nothing more.

Have you also noticed anyone who has this album, that after about 30 seconds at the completion of track 14, there is about a minute of audio of the Band mucking around in the studio that is pretty funny.

Anyway, I really like the album and this is another one that shits all over that wanker Howe and anything he did with them <_< even though I would have much preferred it to have been all new material !!!!!

• 1 year later...