Jon Oliva's Pain releasing new album!

Dark Star

JON OLIVA'S PAIN: New Audio Sample Available - Jan. 10, 2010

JON OLIVA'S PAIN, the band led by SAVATAGE mastermind Jon Oliva, will release its fourth album, "Festival", on February 19, 2010 via AFM Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Lies

02. Death Rides A Black Horse

03. Festival

04. Afterglow

05. Living On The Edge

06. Looking For Nothing

07. The Evil Within

08. Winter Haven

09. I Fear You

10. Now

An audio sample of the song "Living On The Edge" is available for streaming using the audio player below (courtesy of CD Inzane).

Due to logistical and technical problems that could not be resolved in time, the spring 2010 JON OLIVA'S PAIN "Festival" live DVD tour has been postponed until October 2010. Although the date of the actual filming will change, the DVD concert will still be captured at the 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland.

JON OLIVA'S PAIN's summer European festival tour continues to move forward with Bang Your Head!!! and Graspop Metal Meeting appearances already confirmed.

Commented JON OLIVA'S PAIN drummer Christopher Kinder: "Having just finished the recording of our new CD, 'Festival', we simply do not have enough time to finalize the seemingly endless amount of details needed to make the DVD concert happen in such a short time. Trying to plan for such a big production here in the U.S. for a show in Europe makes it even harder. AFM, The 013 and Roax Films had everything ready to go, but with stage, video production, lighting and pyro designs still unresolved, we have no choice but to move this show and the tour until October when we can be sure that everything is just right.

"Our sincere apologies to the fans the promoters and everyone involved. You and your hard-earned money deserve the best JOP can possibly offer and it's better to wait a few more months to insure that this show is just that. A live DVD is very expensive to produce, and we only get one shot at it!"

JON OLIVA'S PAIN's U.S. CD-release concert has been moved to Saturday, April 24 at Bourbon Street in New Port Richey, Florida prior to the band's appearance on the Triton Power Cruise (April 20-May 3). JON OLIVA'S PAIN is also finalizing May tour dates for Brazil/South America.

Kinder previously stated about the forthcoming JON OLIVA'S PAIN CD, "Part of the staple JON OLIVA'S PAIN sound has become [Jon's] ability to change characters and voices at will and to create incredibly interesting, thought-provoking, passionate and downright insane vocal melodies. [Producer] Tom Morris and I have been pushing him to the edge (as Jon Oliva requested), and we have met that challenge with great enthusiasm and also a bit of joy watching him suffer.... .

"Oliva's tenancious attitude, drive and full desire to do the best he can is only partially over-shadowed by the seemingly impossible task of singing songs that would require most of us to swallow mass consumptions of razor-blades in order to deliver what would be considered as torture to any metal music lover."

JON OLIVA'S PAIN's last album, "Global Warning", was released in the U.S. in May 2008 via Locomotive Records. The CD features a guest appearance by guitarist Ralph Santolla (OBITUARY, ex-DEICIDE, DEATH, ICED EARTH) on two songs: "Adding the Cost" and "You'll Never Know".

Check out the CD Artwork....

JOP_festival.jpg

Scha-weeeeeet. You know I'm on this like a thirsty man on a beer. :beerbang:

I still miss Savatage greatly ... But I do love all the Jon Oliva's Pain CDs.

Love the artwork for the new one... looking forward to picking this one up.

I still miss Savatage greatly ... But I do love all the Jon Oliva's Pain CDs.

Love the artwork for the new one... looking forward to picking this one up.

There is s new 2 disc best of Savatage coming out soon with a DVD of the 94 Live in Japan show. :headbanger: