Rob Halford's FIGHT - "Christmas Ride" Available...

Fat Freddy

christmas-ride.jpg

Rob Halford fans, rejoice! The Metal God is offering a free download of Fight's extremely rare holiday tune, "Christmas Ride" (originally found only on a promo/fan club CD released in the early '90s) from his web site. The freebie will be available during this "Black Friday" weekend only (thru Nov. 29th). Check it out here:

http://www.halfordmusic.com/content/static/index.html

Anybody else jumpin' on this? :blink:

Just downloaded it myself and am listening to it now... nothin' fancy, just good ole goofy goombah headbang. This song originally came out shortly after Fight's WAR OF WORDS debut so it's got the same groove/thrash vibe.

The download even includes a pic of the single's cover and an MP3 of the "Holiday Message From Rob Halford" that accompanied this tune during its original release. :beerbang:

Anybody else jumpin' on this? :blink:

Just downloaded it myself and am listening to it now... nothin' fancy, just good ole goofy goombah headbang. This song originally came out shortly after Fight's WAR OF WORDS debut so it's got the same groove/thrash vibe.

The download even includes a pic of the single's cover and an MP3 of the "Holiday Message From Rob Halford" that accompanied this tune during its original release. :beerbang:

I haven't checked it out yet. But to be honest I'm not a big fan of Christmas music even if is done in a Metal style.

It is strange that they would do a song based on a Christian Holiday when they had the one band memember that was super Satanic.

It is strange that they would do a song based on a Christian Holiday when they had the one band memember that was super Satanic.

You mean Jay Jay (Fight's bass player)? Meh. I dunno how "Super Satanic" that guy was. I know he had a band after Fight called Satanic Industries Limited but that sounds kinda tongue in cheek to me.

Either way, I suppose if you're a starving nobody musician and you suddenly find yourself picked to be in a band with Rob Halford, you're gonna play whatever the f*ck Rob tells you to play. :lol:

I mean, if Rob walked into Fight's rehearsal room in 1993 and said "Right then lads, first we're going to do an album of covers of famous show tunes and then my next project will be a concept album about sunshine and bunnies," you know that dude would be like "Thumbs up! Sounds great, boss!"

You mean Jay Jay (Fight's bass player)? Meh. I dunno how "Super Satanic" that guy was. I know he had a band after Fight called Satanic Industries Limited but that sounds kinda tongue in cheek to me.

Either way, I suppose if you're a starving nobody musician and you suddenly find yourself picked to be in a band with Rob Halford, you're gonna play whatever the f*ck Rob tells you to play. :lol:

I mean, if Rob walked into Fight's rehearsal room in 1993 and said "Right then lads, first we're going to do an album of covers of famous show tunes and then my next project will be a concept album about sunshine and bunnies," you know that dude would be like "Thumbs up! Sounds great, boss!"

I can't remember if it is was Jay Jay or Brian the other guitar player but whomever it was had a huge pentagram tatooed on his back and talked about hell and stuff in interviews.

Is that Russ Parrish aka Satchel on the left?

Indeed it is. Good eye.

Is that Russ Parrish aka Satchel on the left?

Indeed it is. Good eye.

he's officially one of my favourite guitarists now, i mean just watch the solo thing he does in this vid from back when he had real hair:

Have you heard the War & Peace album "Time Capsule" from before he was in Fight? Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Who knew? Rob's fascination with Christmas music actually goes back a little further than 1993's "Christmas Ride" -- his web site now features a downloadable MP3 of the holiday classic "Silent Night," which he recorded in 1992.